BB Tourney effect on LSU Recruiting?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by CalcoTiger, Mar 24, 2006.

1. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

As said before, whenever someone's more of a "scorer" than a "shooter" it means they play more a drive to the basket game, or get points "ugly", as oppose to Reddick who's just a pure shooter. From what I know, Mason scored in the average low teens at Marquette (which was a much stronger team a few years ago), and likes to "slash" to the basket. I want to say, however, that his 3 point % was still above 30%. If you think about it, a "slasher" who can provide 13 or 14 points was still something we missed. Tas' was the closest thing to it, but he still was scoring either from an outside jumpshot or close in put back or drive. Mason strikes me as a guy who can really take it from the perimeter all the way to the goal, AND, he's a 6'4" or 6'5" guy who can do that (stronger too, than Temple).

You're right to point to the point. Tack and Voogd are the only question marks going into next year, in my mind, and big ones at that. I have faith that Tack will come back a more seasoned guy. He uses the summers to go back and play ball with John Lucas in Houston, so I'm hoping he sees this as a great opportunity for him. If he falters, I think Terry Martin might be conditioning himself for more a ballhandling role--he played point in high school. Voogd has shown some ability to handle and distribute, but he has shown some lapses this year that are concerning. He has some work to do as well.

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Looks like Jerome Meyinsse is being recruited by Duke and has a couple of photo albums up on Facebook from his recruiting trips. :mad:

3. TGer'nLHornLand

Hmmm... well, I had wondered about him, and why he wasn't more of a priority. He's a second team 4-A all stater. Interesting that Duke is interested. Perhaps they need some athleticism down low. Malchioni and Roberts don't intimidate you. Never seen the guy play, nor have I seen a lot written about him, so I don't know how good he is. I'll just say Tyrus had very similar "stats" when he was at McKinley (i.e., second team all-state, about 17 points a game, etc.).

Things hinge in the balance with Thomas' decision as far as what positions of the kid Brady signs. Although, it looks as though everything I'm reading points to Brady waiting until fall recruiting in November of this year with two possibly three schollies available.

4. LSUDeek

Here's the athleticism he brings:

[​IMG]

5. TGer'nLHornLand

Dude, that is so fake...

6. LSUDeek

:D

i don't know as to the authenticity, but watermarks on computer images are sometimes indicative of professional event pictures.

TT has those ups.... :grin: :grin: