BBA Blog Interview with Mainieri

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by OkieTigerTK, May 28, 2010.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

this is a really good read for those that like baseball. it offers some great analysis on the team from cpm.

for those of us that have been discussing ott, i found this to be interesting....

the whole thing is a good read

Baseball America | Blog | Baseball America College Blog | Mainieri Unfiltered

2. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Thanks! Nice info. I wholeheartedly agree about putting him in when he did and letting him work as much as he could w/o blowing the game. Like I was saying, he needs to work through it. I was talking about his head, but seems like his mechanics have needed it too. Here's hoping he keeps improving. Last night was good for him.

3. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Well, it did work out though how many fingernails did everyone go through before that last out was recorded last night (with the tieing run at the plate) and how many others were yelling at the TV to leave Ross in. I'm not sure I want players working their problems out in the tournament and I'm not sure Ott has.

4. KyleK

I was quite calm (Scotch is really good for this :hihi:). The bullpen was warming, CPM wasn't gonna let us lose. I know, I know, one swing of the bat w/ the tieing run at the plate... I just felt like Matty was gonna be ok.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i agree fully. while i am glad it worked out, and i hope it gave him some confidence, now is not the time we can "make it up later". if he loses a game, it could very well finish the season. i honestly dont think he has worked out his problems given his pitching last night. no, he didnt lose it for us, but his performance was very shaky.

having him in with the tying run at the plate the way he he allowed two rbi's and was throwing a lot of balls scared the hell out of me. i dont have the benefit of scotch.

i love ott. i hope he can get it together. but i think that if he is used, cpm needs to have a hell of a quick hook!

6. KyleK

I think cpm had the hook in his hand. But hey, it all worked out and Ott will be the better for it.

I'm glad that cpm agreed with me last night :hihi:

7. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Was cpm drinking scotch too? :shock:

8. KyleK

I told him to keep it in the dugout in his thermos. Did anyone else see? :grin: