bball fans

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsucorndog, Feb 24, 2004.

1. lsucorndog

lsucorndog Founding Member

auburn and alabama have a good game going now.

2. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

Spinich Dip U fails to beat Bama. So sad.

3. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

It was an excellent game. Always refreshing to watch the villians lose, at anything.

4. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

I pulled for both of them to lose. Too bad someone had to win. I am sure Alabama will claim that they weren't guilty of trying to win the game. I am hating living here listening to the crap that is on the radio regarding the poor alabama criminals and how the NCAA mistreated them. Also, Bobby Lowder gave the barners 4.2 million for their academic center. This is the same guy that sent the plane to Louisville to can Tubbs and continues to run the program.. Money talks!!

5. diamondheadtiger

Jeffinbama,
    Since you live in Bama, I have a legitimate question. This is not for none of you villian lurkers. I see you were pullin for both of them to lose.
    Is their a clear difference in the AU/UA fanbases as far as class & dignity...etc. are concerned?
    Long before internet forums were around, even as a kid going to LSU games with my parents, I have always felt UA was the deal and AU was the wannabe and thats where the lack of class & dignity has always shown. Pretty much resembles the little mans disease.
    I have been to both Auburn & Tuscaloosa a number of times and even driving through AU, and I dont mean the campus, the entire surroundings emits a lower class look and feel.
    Without question their is a clear cut difference of the two on all of the Internet forums, is this seperation representative of the AU/UA fan bases in general for the most part?

Once again, total legitimate question for Jeff or any other Tiger fans living in Bama.

6. TONY TIGER

TONY TIGER Founding Member

i used to live in alabama for 7 yrs., i can honestly say that the reason that AU fans are like they are, is because they've have been playing second fiddle to bamma since their existence. They proclaim to have so much more class than LSU and all other sec fans. It's kinda like all the guys who claim to get so much sex, if you have to say it for yourself you must not be getting any. Thats the same for the class thing, they claim to have so much class but in reality there isn't any. They call us trailer park trash, and in reality the have more trailer parks than La. MS, FLA, and the rest of the country. They are kind of like politicians, what you say doesn't have to be true are fact, just say it and most ignorant people will believe it. Hell they tsaid they were the best team in the country before the season started , and fell flat on their face. Now 2004 will be their year, sounds like some aubie fans have the heart of a SAINT. How's it go, wait til next year, and next year and so on. Since ya'll can't agree on a mascot war beagles or wannabe tigers, just be the classless wannabe's that you are!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

actually, I used to like AU before Wingnut got there and the class of the University seemed to adopt a direct reflection of him. Since then its been downhill ever since. The reason they were ranked so highly in the polls last preseason was Wingnut allowed the reporters in and he declared they would win the NC. Opposite approach of said coach @ LSU i see.

8. Jeffinbama

Forgot I had even posted this. These people HATE each others guts. Long ago when Alabama played Russia in basketball, half the state turned communist that night. The overall scope of things is Alabama has the snobs and Auburn has the good ole boys Auburn is the cow college and Alabama produces the Lawyers and such..(good thing as bama has needed the lawyers lately)

Most of the rednecks in the state have latched onto Alabama of which not one of them graduated from there. Auburn is a much bigger school in enrollment but has always been a doormat to Alabama mainly because of the 12 (so they call them) national championships. It is typical Auburn this year that they kick Alabama's butt on the field and then screw up a one car funeral by not handling Tubbs right and ruining a potential recruiting bonanza. There are many though that feel as do I that Tubbs wouldn't have had much of a recruiting year anyhow.

I was also a leaner towards being more of a fan of Auburn until Tubbs came to town. He makes me puke!!!! He is so non Auburn and the true fans will run him out of town soon. They are just country bumpkins that take orders from General Lowder. PBJ (Paul Bear Bryant Jr.) continues to control things at Alabama. They finally got caught cheating but nothing will change down there because they were not guilty. So says the bammers.

9. diamondheadtiger

Thanks for the reply Jeff. I met a bunch of Bama folks at games the last few years, including the SECCG this year and they seemed as though they were of a different breed than these villians over here. Good chat and fun with the ones I met anyway. My hatred of the Villians runs alot deeper than Tubs though. I've always hated them for that little mans disease they possess amongst plenty of other reasons. Long after Tubby is gone, they will still be referred to as the VILLIANS.
    Is their a noticeable difference in class in the fan bases? Like I said in my 2nd post, its like you know your in Auburn, AL when you are there. You get the feeling you just entered a poverty stricken, lower than usual class and feel to the entire area, and their fans know it, and thats part of where the inferiority complex comes in. Do you agree with that?

10. Jeffinbama

I wouldn't call it low class... I would say they feel inferior to Alabama just due to the success they have had. Auburn is more of a good ole boy college.. Alabama is more of a good ole boy network. I think you know the difference. Auburn definately has much more money in the town than you think. They have some incredible golf courses and nice neighborhoods. I would put the two "towns" on equal footing.. Of course you have the choice of two smells that permiate the atmosphere, in Auburn, you have cow maniure and in Tuscaloosa, you have the lovely paper mills.