BCS and the Polls

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Apr 25, 2005.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

It's all about opinion Numa, just as the general opinion on the AU boards the year prior was that LSU would have lost if SC played us instead of OU. The bottom line is LSU belonged in the game by the rules of the system, and Auburn did'nt. Deal...

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yes we would have. We'd have been mentioned as "defending National Champions".

3. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

AMEN BROTHER!

4. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

"Luck"?

How about "winning our final two games prior to the final pre-bowl BCS standings by an average of almost 26 points a game" as a reason why LSU earned a spot in the BCS Title game two years ago.

If Auburn didn't suck the schlong and actually, you know, beat the crap out of teams they needed to beat the crap out at the end of last year of instead of skating by Alabama and nearly blowing a 21 pt head start against Tennessee, then perhaps they would have made for themselves the same "luck" that got LSU into the title game.

A better definition of luck is converting a 4th and 16 and having a ref make a bullcrap call all in order for Auburn to win by one whole point last September.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Auburn's luck on the extra point was Webster getting hurt and not being in on the crucial extra point and having Prude jump onto the back of players. Not the ref making the call. You could also say Auburn was lucky when Webster dropped the ball on that last Auburn drive, or when the LSU DB was ruled out of bounds on the interception or when Doucet had the ball go right through his hands on the final pass, although we would have still had to score on that drive.

Luck was also having us miss the damn extra point. The completed pass on 4th & 16 wasn't luck. Luck is when you benefit from another teams miscue on something that should have been easily accomplished, or having a ball hit someone's foot before it hits the ground and than bounces into your receivers hands.

Or having an All American miss 2 chip shot FG's like when we beat Ole Miss in 2003. Every championship team can usually point to at least one or two game changing plays during the course of their season that should not have went in their favor, but the football gods thought otherwise.

6. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

With the exception of LSU, Auburn physically dominated every team it played in '04 .... and that's a fact.

Skating by Alabama??? WTF were you watching? .....shows your lack of understanding of the game. Alabama was manhandled and bent-over .... and at the end of the day, that's all that matters.

7. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

Your missing the point. My point is, it wouldn't have mattered if LSU had 'dominated' its last two games if there had been two other undefeated teams. It was lucky that you played in a year nobody went undefeated. I don't know why LSU fans have such a hard time with that.

8. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

PLAYOFF TIME!!!

9. TigrinumMajor

TigrinumMajor Founding Member

I agree wholeheartedly, Marine.

It just does my heart good that an LSU fan agrees with me. That, and knowing that it will make him sick to his stomach to do so.

By the way, I'm an Army officer also.

How's your day going now?

10. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Boring. Where you at?