BCS Crystal Nothing New?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Mar 23, 2008.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

but of the BCS crystals only LSU has 2 :crystal: :lsup: :crystal:

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

During the BCS selection Show, there was 2 or 3 of them behind Jim Tressel in Ohio States trophy case. They should only have 1. Anybody have any idea on why there would be so many there?

3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Runner up trpohies (slightly smaller and label on base says "First Loser") :hihi:

4. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

replica's of there 2002 championship trophy. We have a few replicas of our 2003 championship trophy for the different museums on campus. I'm sure we are making some of the 2007 trophy as well.

We have one in the Athletic Department Building museum. One in the Bill Lawton Room, and I think one somewhere over around by the Alumni Center on campus. I'm pretty sure the real ones reside somewhere on the upper floors of the Athletic Department Building.

5. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

With considerable due respect to LSU, the new system is just as pathetic as the old one. :yelwink2:

Without a real playoff, it's simply not an objective system to determine a true champion. The BCS methodology is rife with bias...... that's not opinion, it is fact.

By the way, I believe the 2 at FSU are "replicas of replicas" following the theft of the original replicas about 3 years ago ....

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I thought they got those back?

7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

I am sure there are many that would disagree with your statement, including myself. At least the current system pits purported #1 vs. #2. The old method was simply an election/pagent. You were just lucky if the two met on the field.

Even when we get a playoff (with some sort of conference implications) there will be those who (cough, UGa) claim they were left out even though they were super hot the last few games and wooped an overated Hawaii, as if the first few don't count.

In short, "you can please some of the people all of the time, but never all of the people some of the time."

8. FrankA

FrankA Founding Member

"You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time."
    A. Lincoln

1 person likes this.
  9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Tah-MAY-toe / Tah-MAH -toe

10. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

How is the new method different than an election/pagent? ..... the only difference is "when" the votes are taken in the process .......

Subjective, biased voting polls are used to determine participants and the media has influence over the underlying polls. The NCAA needs to find a way to remove the word "Mythical" from it's non-acknowledged, bastard (literal sense) of a championship.

Not taking anything at all away from LSU, just opining that a true playoff system involving multiple teams would reduce bias and increase objectivity.

I truly enjoy the Final Four each year, but I cannot watch a single game of march madness without imagining how great such a tournament would be for the sport of CFB.

1 person likes this.