BCS: How Alabama gets to the BCS Title game with 1 loss

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 25, 2013.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yes, as disgusting as that sounds, it's all set up to happen.

1. Bama loses to Auburn
    2. Missouri loses to A&M
    3. South Carolina beats Auburn in the SEC CG
    4. Michigan OR Michigan State beats Ohio State

The next best option behind a 1 loss Alabama?

A 1 loss non conference champion Clemson. Clemson vs Florida State rematch? I think not.

So pray Missouri wins this weekend vs A&M.

The alternative to get in:

1. Bama beats Auburn
    2. Missouri loses to A&M
    3. South Carolina beats Bama
    4. Michigan OR Michigan State beats Ohio State

Again, we are stuck with the question of a 1 loss Alabama or a 1 loss Clemson?

Again, pray Missouri beats A&M this weekend.

An SEC Champ Missouri or Auburn is in the title game with an Ohio State loss. Can Auburn jump an undefeated Ohio State? It will be much closer to reality than people think. It would be all up to the voters as Auburn is likely to nudge ahead of Ohio State in the computer polls. Minnesota upsetting Michigan State this weekend would hurt Ohio State immensely.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

How about Auburn beats Bama, Ohio State loses to Michigan State, FSU loses the ACCCG.

You don't think Alabama would vault up to rematch Auburn again?

3. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

As much as I HATE Alabama ..... I hate Ohio State even more.

If Auburn beats Bama and OSU is undefeated, then the BCS will be OSU and FS.

Under any other circumstances ... I always root for Bama to lose ... but .. if Bama losing means OSU is in the BCS .... I'll have to hold my nose and hope Bama wins out. [damn ..I can't believe I just typed that!]

4. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Screw bama.

That is all.

5. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

No way. We can NOT let bama win this year. I don't care for OSU or Meyer but Bama can't win. I don't think OSU will win Nat'l. champ anyway. FSU looks unstoppable

Rouxleaux likes this.
  6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yeah in some way I would love to see Bama get spanked by FSU, which would happen. But the 30 days of talking up Bama would make me puke. I would have to continuously turn off the sports station I am watching which would suck. Talking up Urban Meyer's two perfect seasons would be equally tough to handle.

gyver, Rouxleaux and b_leblanc like this.
  7. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

My best scenario: Auburn beats Alabama, Mizzu plays Aubie in the SECCG. Undefeated FSU meets one loss SEC champion in BCSCG. Urban Meyer has meltdown and retires (again) due to health problems.

ParadiseiNC and StaceyO like this.
  8. msully

msully Founding Member

Today I checked with Bobby Joe , he is the Bama fan neighbor that I have . he said no way will Auburn beat his Tide team . 1st , if a player is not playing for Alabama , that means as a player he is not good enough to be a Tide player that is the only reason any other team would want him . he says bama 48 Auburn 0 - 20 yards rushing . but of course he is a bama fan . Could be just talk . he was close on his thinking about LSU and bama , think i will listen to him this week. Bama in a blowout
    Texas A&M a 3.5-point I will say 3 TD's A&M will have fun with Missouri

9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Has BJ gotten his online Gump degree yet? Only 3 easy payments to a genuine Gnome King signed diploma.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

My best case scenario, auburn beats bama, auburn wins seccg, Florida state and Ohio state lose, bama gets in the title game to play auburn again, auburn wins again and becomes king of the state of Alabama.

Or FSU wins it all and Jameis Winston wins the heisman and is then charged w rape. I like doomsday scenarios for the NCAA and Alabama and the heisman commitee. It will be justice for taking RGnegative3 of Tyrann.