BCS ? How is that possible ? UF in were out

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Nov 5, 2002.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I am just curious, can someone explain to me how we move up in the polls in the off week, yet drop completely from the BCS rankings yet FLORIDA, yes that is correct FLORIDA whom we beat... Handidly and has one more loss IS in the BCS standings ???

How is that possible.. ????

2. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

BCS is crap

what else can I say.....

3. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

Florida st. is in also......my same question......how???????

4. Hub

Hub Founding Member

I THINK......

I think the open date drops your strength of schedule which would knock us out. with Florida now having played GA there strength of schedule would improve. i'm clueless on Fla st. though.

5. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

BCS..

is crap allways was, allways will be. Don't know if there is a better way. I doubt it. If you use the polls which are crap. Any system will stink. If we win out it will not matter. Sugar Bowl here we come, again. SEC Champs two x's running.

6. Hi-C

Hi-C Freshman

I believe..

I believe that is because the Georgia win was considered a "Quality Win" which counts to close to a full point in the calculations. I think this is bigger swing than the loss. As far as Florida State, I think they may have some "extra code" in the calculations :).

7. msully

msully Founding Member

BCS

LSU lost to Aub that is the big down push for LSU > LSU no one knows what they can do we will know a little more thie week-end then with bama coming on that will give us a better idea as to how good this the 2nd LSU team is this year. Fla seems to be stronger now .

8. LSUAlum2001

LSUAlum2001 Freshman

Florida sucks. They beat an overrated UGA team.

However, their schedule only has FSU and USC left, so they could win out.

Their biggest vault wasn't the quality win, it was the fact that the computer polls vaulted them to a #14.33 average, far lower than LSU's #20 average.

The computer polls don't remember the whipping we gave Florida less than a month ago. It only remembers that UF beat a top 5 UGA team last week, which is why they SUCK.

9. Trentster

Trentster Founding Member

The off date hurts when compared to others who played. The BCS doen't mean anything until the last week (if it means anything then). Bring on the playoffs.

10. CarolinaTiger

CarolinaTiger Freshman

i'm clueless about the BCS

it never has made much sense to me, the lower you go in the poll. i think it does a better job of ranking the top 3-4 teams, but after that, you get exactly the kind of crap you all are posting about.

i like the idea of a playoff anyway, so the more controversy the better.:D

ct