BCS Implications

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 7, 2006.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Auburn is now out of out way.

An LSU win and we're 5th in the nation (unless Texas mauls OU, which won't happen). An OU win puts Texas out of the equation, obviously.

WVU stands a good chance losing to Louisville down the road.

It would only take a USC loss to get us into the top 2 in the BCS standings. Remember, OSU or Michigan has to lose in the last game of the season. Can USC win all 3 "tougher" home games in a row in November? Not likely. UCLA won't be a pushover either, to end the season.

We shall see. Let's go Tigers. Let's run the table and duplicate the 2003 season.

2. charlie_c0756

charlie_c0756 Founding Member

I gotta say,,,,,,,I think you're right. Auburn is finished. I doubt Louisville beats WVU. Maybe LSU vs WVU in the Sugar.
    :geauxtige

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I was just telling my brother the same thing on the phone. Lose to a SEC rival early, have a few cards fall into place, run the table, and hoist the crystal. :crystal:

4. islstl

It would be a real shocker if OSU or Michigan loses before they meet in the last of the season (just look at their schedule, the Big 11 sucks this year).

So that means the winner of that game is definitely in the BCS title game.

That leaves only 1 team to join them.

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i dont get it. auburn is more in the bcs picture than lsu. at least they control their own destiny. lsu has to win out and either hope for an auburn loss or for some sec team to get in the NC game (and that can only be uga if lsu wins out)

6. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

how do you figure.....if LSU wins out that means we beat Arky, and Arky beat Auburn, and Auburn beat us........it goes to the second tie breaker (not sure what that is exactly). Auburn is no shoe in right now...no way. they might drop out of the Top 10 this week. We beat Florida convincingly we are top 5-6.

By the way ISL....the other team is likely Notre Dame...:angryfire

7. islstl

uhhh.....auburn just got their ass kicked

is LSU wins out, auburn has no chance to pass LSU in the BCS standings...even if they play in the SEC CG and wins....look for Auburn to be ranked 11th or 12th after this week.

8. islstl

uhhh...Notre Dame is too far behind us in the rankings as well....no way they make up enough ground...and they will lose at least 1 more game anyway...probably 2....schedule is too tough

9. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

I believe they are assured a BCS game if they finish with 2 losses or less and in the Top 10 or 12.......only loss remaining for them is USC. watch the media make it happen isl

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

because ark will have more than 1 sec loss. lsu and aub will be tied and aub will go to seccg. ark has a favorable schedule but nutt will blow it against tenn or usc