BCS is changing their system!...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerNtz, Jun 27, 2006.

1. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

The BCS bowl games will be different this year than any previous. The four BCS bowl games will be played as usual, but none of them will be the National Championship game! One week after the regular BCS bowls, there will be another game, the national championship. It will be played at one of the BCS bowl stadiums, and rotate every year (so the Sugar bowl in 2007 will be played as the sugar bowl, then the National Championship game will be played a week later in the Superdome).

I dont think that anything official has been given out yet, but maybe some of you already knew about it. My father is a big sponsor of the Mobile Alabama GMAC Bowl, and they have already confirmed that their bowl game will be played on January 7 (sunday) of 2007! Most other traditional bowls will still be played on their respected dates, and the newer, smaller bowls will be played during the week between the BCS bowls and the National Championship game.

The extra game at the end of the season will always be played by the true #1 and #2 team at that time, after the bowl games are played out!

This means that, theoretically, for a team from the SEC that is already playing 12 regular season games next year, plus SEC champ game, plus bowl game, plus national champ game, would have to be 15-0 to have an undefeated season. We all know that you dont have to be undefeated to be national champs, though!
    :crystal: :geauxtige :crystal:

Thought that this info might interest some of you...

2. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Slow down. It's nothing to get excited about. The two teams playing in the MNC game will be set before any BCS bowl games are played. All we are doing is playing one more "BCS" bowl game. No team will be playing in more than one bowl game.

Like you, I got excited when I first heard this about a year ago. But, again, nothing is really changing here.

3. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

Oh... I guess that makes more sense. I was lead to believe that the National Championship game was played by the two best teams out of the previous 4 BCS bowls.:confused:

4. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

I wish. Hell, that would almost be like a little playoff. :hihi:

No such luck though.

5. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

Damn... well thanks for clearing it up. :bncry:My hopes of the BCS system actually working are now shattered:bncry:... or back to where they have been

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Guess you have not been keeping up with this too much since it was announced quite a while back, over a year I think. But anyway, maybe it will be a precursor to the plus one game everyone really wanted, although they would have to add a fifth BCS Bowl if they do that because there is no way they will go back to 8 teams instead of 10 making BCS Bowl games.

7. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

I had heard about it, but I thought that it was all rumors... Now at least I know that it is true that there will be a plus 1 system (or something along those lines).

8. LSUGraduate2002

LSUGraduate2002 LSU's Golden Years

But it's not a plus one game. It is just one extra chance for a team to play in a BCS game along with the opportunity for a non bcs school to have access to play in a big money game.

9. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Exactly... get ready for some more exciting Pitt vs Utah matchups.:shock:

10. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

And the politics that got ND an automatic BCS bid with a top 8 finish. Nothing like $$ to influence rankings.