BCS is changing their system!...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerNtz, Jun 27, 2006.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

with the preseason polls putting ND in the top 5, they will have to lose 3 games to miss out on the BCS...

2. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

So let me get this straight...a team can lose it's bowl game, yet still play for the National Title? I can't wait for that to happen. Lee Corso might spontaneously combust!

3. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

No...if you play in a bowl game...u can't play in the national title.

the national title IS your bowl game.

4. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

college football is the sport that brings in the most $, most media, and most viewers, and yet they have the worst system. It is pathetic. College basketball's regular season is boring, but the tournament is great because I mean well its fair idk. The same goes for college baseball. All the point systems just confuse and frusterate me. Every year people complain about the system, but the officials are too arregant to do anything about it. If I was an Auburn fan in 04' I would have beat the bcs people over the back with a grapefruit. Bad system BOOOOOOOO:angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :cuss: :cuss: :angry: :angry: :angry: :po: :po: :po: :po:

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Sounds brutal.

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

They are simply adding one more BCS bowl game ... Sugar, Orange, Fiesta, Rose and the BCS NC game. 10 teams to play in 5 BCS games.

The NC game will be one week later and rotate between the above sites. This year it'll be in Phoenix, the same place the Fiesta Bowl is held. New Orleans will host both the Sugar Bowl and the NC game the following year.

7. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Gotcha. :thumb:

8. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Sometimes you just have to spell it out for the Lt's. :hihi:

9. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

Yeah, except AU didnt really beat LSU honestly. :rofl: It took a ref's flag at the end of the game

10. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

The only sport without a playoff, is the most popular. I personally don't think that's a coincidence. I love the controversy. I love having to stay up damn near till dawn to find out if Boise state wins or loses, because they were an opponent of an opponent your trying to beat out in the computers. To me that's what makes college football the best sport ever created.