BCS is changing their system!...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerNtz, Jun 27, 2006.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

And I really think the powers that be know it. It sure keeps people talking about it during the summer.

2. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

I think this is what the powers to be actually know:

... story ay ESPN... the NCAA has approved a new bowl for Houston this year, in addition to the fifth BCS bowl, the International Bowl, the Birmingham bowl, and the New Mexico bowl.

So... In addition to the fifth BCS game, bowls that were renewed or added for next season are: the AutoZone Liberty, Birmingham Bowl, Capital One, Champs Sports, Chick-Fil-A, Emerald, FedEx Orange, Gaylord Hotels Music City, Houston (bowl to be named), GMAC, Independence, Insight, International, Pioneer Pure Vision Las Vegas, MasterCard Alamo, Meineke Car Care, MPC Computers, Motor City, New Mexico, New Orleans, Allstate Sugar, Outback, Pacific Life Holiday, San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia, Fort Worth, Rose, AT&T Cotton, Hawaii, Tostitos Fiesta, Toyota Gator, Vitalis Sun.

... that's 32 bowl games this year. I think there is 119 Div I teams this year... good luck on finding all those 6 win teams. I guess this is why the NCAA didn't push the 7 win qualifier when they approved 12 game schedules.

There's definitely something sad about this!

Damn, even Zook has a chance now!!

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Yes there is and I think that something is called Title Nine, which has every school's athletic department in the country below the BCS conferences financially strapped.