BCS is RUINED

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeepPurple, Jul 3, 2004.

1. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I'm a little confused as to when the new BCS format (whatever that may be) will take effect? Will it be for the 2004 season? Or will it not go into effect until 2005? I haven't seen anything saying for sure.

2. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2576622

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The second win isn't always too hard. LSU beat Georgia 17-10 in a barnburner in Tiger Stadium and then blew them off the field in the SECCG.

4. Shadeauxcaster

Shadeauxcaster Founding Member

The Media Retook Control

Before the BCS, the Polls determined who got in what bowl. Now the Polls will be all but a tiny percentage of the BCS. Solved that Problem.

About all conferences having a Championship Game.

On a Pac10 board, it was argued there were no suitable candidates for expansion to a 12 team league.

I responded, "No problem, let the Rose Bowl be your playin bowl then with the Big 10." You can imagine the howl that went up.

If it is ok for the pac10 and big 10 to have both the advantages of a SMALLER CONFERENCE and NO CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, then it should be no logical objection to the next step being that those two CONFERENCES THEN PLAY EACH OTHERS CHAMPION.

Well that went over real good too, but I was told that the Rose Bowl was indispensable, that the BCS needed the Rose (pac10 and Big 10 thereby) more than the Rose needed the BCS, and so they were safe.

So I asked why was the NCAA requiring conferences to have 12 members to have a Championship game, hmmm? There must be a reason, eh? That worried them some.

Just reportin.

5. UT88-92

UT88-92 Freshman

1st off. Good reply about beating UGA twice. And your right LSU did wipe the floor the second time around with UGA. Very rare case indeed. That is not usually the case as we all know.

2nd thing.

I just love that you guys went over and messed with the fans of WAC I mean PUSS umm I mean the PAC 10.... lol No way that set well with them...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: