BCS polls out...........

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Oct 10, 2006.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Why and how do some people have a hard time understanding this concept? The pus10 + a few decent out of conference games does not equal a tough schedule.

2. BamaHeelBengal

BamaHeelBengal Founding Member

said it before and I'll say it again, USC is very good, one of the best teams in the country but they do not play in the SEC. They wouldn't go undefeated every year if they did. Period.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I hate USC just as much as anyone, but you have to give them their props.

They beat Michigan handily in 03.
    They throttled OU in 04.
    They were 1 yard away from beating UT.

Its not like their true colors showed up in the bowl games, and they were really a lot weaker than their regular season showed. They deserve all the accolades they get. I would only wish the LSU program was in the position they are in. But unfortunately they have a legit coach in Carroll, and we have Less Miles.

4. TwistedTiger

So would LSU if they actually showed up and played. The problem is USuCk doesn't play a handful of big time teams with a few really good ones sprinkled in like SEC teams face every year. Cal was suposed to be the cream of the pus10 crop this year and look at what cup cakes they turned out to be. Like caddy said, USC in the SEC equals at least 2 losses every year for the condoms.

5. TwistedTiger

Michigan absolutely sucked in 03, it was a very very down year for thew wolverines and I believe the final was 28 to 14, not exactly a blowout at USC.

6. islstl

The game was never in doubt, and they dominated both lines of scrimmage. Michigan was ranked 4th in the nation. It's not like USC lucked out and played some team ranked 15th.

So maybe we can just make an excuse for every team they beat.

7. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

If Auburn can get through the SEC with one loss in two years, I imagine USC woulda had similar success... those same two years. USC was, in fact, a pretty good team.
    JMHO.

8. islstl

If it wasn't for a coach that got a little too greedy and tried to run it up the gut on that 4th down play vs Texas (as if he wanted to prove a point that he could do it), then USC would have won that game too.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

No doubt.......USC beat the **** out of Auburn in '03.

10. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

And LSU would not have even been in the Sugar Bowl had Michigan not beaten Ohio State in the last game of the season, since OSU was #2 at the time i believe. Yea Leinart even caught a TD pass in that game too, UM never really had a chance. USC has been very good, let's not blame them for playing in a weak conference, they at least try to schedule good teams. They had the toughest sched in 2002 and went 11-2 as well. But that doesn't really have anything to do with this year, they havne't exactly had very dominating conference wins.