BCS Rules for 3 auto-qualifier??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by n64lsu, Nov 18, 2010.

1. n64lsu

n64lsu Freshman

Thanks.
    So basically, if SC wins, we have to finish ahead of Auburn in the top 4.
    Regardless of whether Auburn goes to the title game, if they finish #3, then according to the rules, Auburn gets the first automatic spot, blocking LSU since there would now be 2 teams from the same conference.

I get it. The rules were written to avoid the auto-qualifier status when necessary.

Thanks.

2. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

LOL.....thanks for the Grammar lesson! Your the pencil pushing geek who never had any speck of athleticism so your here to take it out on sports related people?? LOL...Last time I checked this was a sports comment site....not a grammar lesson site, so thanks for the help....But hey you ever need someone to teach you how to throw a football, or learn to play a little baseball or something give me a call so I can repay the favor!! :wave:

By the way....somehow I knew if anyone knows lose and all forms of it...it would be you! Past, Present, and future.

3. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Yeah .. but a lot of other things happened that resulted in that #2. Plus, we won the SEC CG after the loss, so that helped.

4. Stinky42

Stinky42 Freshman

Actually what happens if Scar wins the SEC and LSU and Auburn finish in the top 4 of the BCS is that SCAR would be left out of a BCS bowl, since the top 4 rule overrides the conference champion rule. This has actually happened before in 2003 when Kansas State beat Oklahoma in the Big 12 title game and did not go to a BCS bowl because Texas and Oklahoma were both still in the top 4. Unless the rules have changed since then, of course.

5. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

Actually, K state went to a BCS game. Texas didn't go to a BCS bowl till the 2004 season.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yeah I think this rule has been in place for at least dating back to the 2003 season.

South Carolina automatically goes to the Sugar Bowl, no questions asked, if they win the SEC CG.

Auburn could technically be in the title game, depending on the final BCS standings. Then LSU would left out in the cold. Otherwise BCS bowls will select from LSU or Auburn for an at-large.

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

"You're".

Now run that fly pattern and I'll hitcha on the numbas. Make sure you're not bumped at the line of scrimmage and keep yourself tween me and the defender.

8. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

If he's running a fly pattern doesn't he want to get by the defender?

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Back shoulder fade.

10. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

you're....you are here.
    and don't bother posting this kind of message to me, because I can do all of those things you are going to teach fanatic.