BCS Shakeup - What it All Means (1 Loss SEC vs Undefeated Ohio State)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 30, 2013.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Clemson losing is great news for both Auburn and Missouri. They are clear out of the way and not taking any human votes away from them for the 3rd and 4th spots. Missouri's worst loss is South Carolina and so that loss looks like a "good" loss. Auburn has to thank God that LSU beat Arkansas, otherwise their loss looks really bad.

My gut instinct says a dominating Auburn win and a struggling Ohio State win next week has Auburn barely leaping Ohio State in the BCS.

I would be all for that.

2. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Brad Edwards on ESPN said Bama is done as far as the BCSNC is concered. The only question is if a 1 loss SEC champion will have enough votes to surpass Ohio State.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  3. FirstCoastTiger

FirstCoastTiger FirstCoastTiger

Me too. I think with all the pressure on the ohio team and that they will crumble next week under the lights against a ranked team.

Would love to see that smug Urban Meyer walk off with egg on his face just like Saban did tonight...

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  4. islstl

He's assuming Duke can't upset FSU. Which is a pretty safe assumption, unless the DA rules that Winston is indicted on rape charges. Then FSU's school policy kicks in and Winston must be dismissed from the team immediately. Duke can beat FSU with a backup QB.

If FSU and Ohio State lose, we have no choice but to have Bama play the SEC Champ. The voters would have to readjust their polls and just drop Alabama arbitrarily to avoid it. I don't see that happening. Who replaces a 1 loss Alabama with a tough tough loss to it's hated archrival Auburn on the road in a flukish 4th quarter? FSU, who just lost to #24 Duke and who is without it's starting QB (assuming that's why they lost in the first place)? Oklahoma State who lost to lowly West Virginia by 2 scores? Michigan State who is so far down in both the human polls and computer polls?

I say undefeated Northern Illinois. Fuck it. Let them have a shot.

Don't underestimate Bama Boosters lining the pockets of the Tallahassee DA to make a judgement this week to get that kid kicked off the team.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  5. islstl

Ohio State's best win?

Against Wisconsin, who is going to drop nearly out of the top 25 after losing to an undermanned Penn State team at home today.

6. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I don't think the DA will indict Winston until FSU is either officially out of the BCS game or the BCS game has come and gone. I really think that is why he has delayed so far.

7. islstl

The decision is going to be made the week after the Heisman ceremony

Which means we could have a Heisman winner kicked off a football team that is headed for the national championship

I don't think the DA is delaying things until after the January title game, if that's what you're saying.

Indict him after they win a national championship? No way the decision is made then. The lawyer for Winston is begging the DA to make the decision THIS WEEK.

8. Herb

Herb Founding Member

You're right.

They are waiting until after the Heisman voting to circumvent any possible lawsuits from JW should he be acquitted.

9. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Saban: "Hey, uh, Urban? Hi. Umm, you know those lucky knee pads I lent you? Still got 'em? Great! Can you FedEx Overnight them to me?

You will? Super! No, don't ask!"

10. islstl

And the Heisman people are pissed. They don't want egg on their face like they had with the Reggie Bush situation.

The voters will have no choice but to give it to Winston.

That running back from Boston College who had 900 rushing yards in just his last 3 games and 1250 over his past 5 games, had only 29 yards today and BC lost and is 7-5. So that option is gone too. Johnny Fooseball was almost as ineffective against Mizzou tonight as he was vs LSU last week. So that's definitely not going to happen.

No good alternatives to Winston.

One name you're going to start hearing is the running back Carlos Hyde from Ohio State. He ran for a record number of yards in the Michigan/Ohio State rivalry. So that's definitely something. If he runs for 200 against arguably the best defense in the nation Michigan State next week, then he has a shot to be that "safe" guy to vote for. The likelihood is he runs for less than 50 yards and they lose.