BCS Shakeup - What it All Means (1 Loss SEC vs Undefeated Ohio State)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 30, 2013.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

If you think we've had controversy with the BCS over these last 15 years, then wait til this fucking committee starts making their arbitrary decisions as to who should make the tournament of 4. You ain't seen the shit hit the fan yet.

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Hopefully they'll just use the top 4 BCS in most cases, but that makes too much gd sense. NCAA is unbelievable. Must be the money.

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Yeah, this committee shit is just introducing more politics into the picture.

4. islstl

The BCS poll is no more after this year. No more computer polls either. Just human beings with agendas.

5. islstl

Watching the BCS Countdown show right now.

Man, Herbstreit practically begging people to support Ohio State.

It's pretty embarrassing. Pollack is saying Auburn is definitely the 2nd best team in the country. Herby not happy about that.

6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

There will still be computer polls. The committee will still use them to judge teams. They aren't going to publicly say "we're using computer polls to make decisions" but you know they'll be using them judging things like strength of schedule.

How many computer polls is a good question, but to think Jeff Sagarin's rating index—which is a mathematical poll just like the current computer polls—is going away? That's not happening...

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Bolded first:

I'm not sure I'm reading this correctly so I'm asking: Is this wording out of disdain? I'm not sure how to ask this and get the meaning across. Are you saying that like it's a bad situation for Bama, as in "they're reduced to this" is somehow a bad thing?

I've got major issues with Cut, but I the Duke story this season is one of the better highlights of the year. An upset in that game would be talked about for decades.

9. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

You're acting like human beings with agendas don't make the decision now. The polls are still the primary determining factor.

A playoff is better. 4 is better than 2 and 8 is better than 4 and 12 is better than 8. Once they back up the Brinks truck on the first playoff season, it'll only be a matter of time before there are more teams which is not just a good thing, it's a great thing.

As far as the regular season not meaning as much, it's still very important for seeding and for getting into the playoff. Just like every other sport in the world. Obviously, the regular season doesn't mean as much as we think it does anyway if '11 can happen. In order to win a championship, you SHOULD have to play your way through some kind of gauntlet. That's how it's done. Then there are no arguments at the end. The team that wins it is the team that wins it.

didit likes this.
  10. islstl

No I meant that is there only chance to make the championship game. It is reduced to having both FSU and Ohio State being upset.

My comment on Duke going the fuck away is to make sure Alabama doesn't sneak back into the championship for the 3rd straight year. Nobody can be that lucky.