bcs to add a 5th bowl game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sugarlsu, Feb 29, 2004.

1. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

2. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Which Bowl would it be? Cotton maybe? Capital One Bowl?

3. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

I would say the Cap One or Peach Bowl. The Cotton Bowl already had a chance to be a BCS bowl game, and the City of Dallas would not agree to pony up some money for the contract. They unfortunately will most likely NOT get another chance...other cities and bowls will make much better proposals, and Dallas is too busy trying to get a new stasium for the Cowboys.

4. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

i still hope it is the cotton.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It will be the bowl that puts up the most money.

6. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

It is possible that it would be a new championship bowl. If the current bowls would match 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3 (on alternating years for the bowls) the 5th bowl could pair up the winners for the championship game in mid January. Pure speculation.

7. Obi-Wan Tiger

Obi-Wan Tiger Founding Member

Seems like I read somewhere awhile back that Houston is a possibility. Granted, the bowl is new and doesn't have the prestige, but the facility is incredible (possibly the best in the country) and if they can come with the money, the networks will come.

8. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Yeah, but I would think they would go with Dallas over Houston just because of the established name, tie in's, etc....We will see though....

9. Obi-Wan Tiger

Obi-Wan Tiger Founding Member

You're probably right. Is the proposed stadium in Dallas supposed to be outdoors, or a dome/retractable roof venue? I would think it would have to be a dome/retractable to be considered. You know how it is now...for some reason, the powers that be feel like the weather has to be perfect for these games and you know how it can be in Dallas in January. I for one, don't agree with that logic. I guarantee that Joe Montana Cotton Bowl wouldn't be near as memorable if not for the weather.

10. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

the new dallas stadium is supposed to be retractable roof, just like Houston. They have no place to build it in Dallas. They proposed the Cotton Bowl area (Fair Park), but it is so crime ridden and run down it would be hard to do, not to mention you would have to tear down the Cotton Bowl and most of Fair Park.

Chances are the new Cowboys Stadium will not be in Dallas, but in Las Colinas where the current Cowboys complex is. The city of Dallas would also have to get the voters to approve a new tax, which might be hard to do.