bcs

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by klinetime, Dec 20, 2003.

1. klinetime

klinetime Freshman

I would like too see a one game playoff after the bowls for the winners of the 1vs4 and 2vs3 winners of the bcs bowls. Saying that, with the system installed I have no problem with LSU vs OU in the bcs game. The bcs was set up to take away some of the human element of the polls deciding the national champion.
    Remember this system was set up with many determining factors as we all know. OU was #1 for the whole season. USC was #1 for one week. Please explain one week over the whole season USC fans? USC lost to a decent team, but not a team on a roll like K-state. LSU lost to a very talented team in Florida. A friend of mine who graduated from LSU blew chow for the first time in 15 years after that game in disgust.
    Finally, screw this belief you have to win your conference. In reality, OU did during the regular season. Until everyone plays a conference championship this shouldn't be considered and I don't think it should be at all. It should be the top four in the bcs rankings playing in the bowl games with one more to decide it all.

Regards, Klinetime

P.S. I love New Orleans and looking to party with you LSU fans down there after I catch some fish in Baton Rouge.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I agree with your premise, but, you cannot condemn the human polls on one hand while using them to your benefit on the other.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Re: Re: bcs

If Hawaii had beaten Boise State LSU would have still finished #2 in the human polls but the BCS would have put USC and OU in the Sugar Bowl. Sure, they are whining big time on the Left Coast but Louisiana fans are much more passionate about football than they are in SoCal. Does anybody think that if that had happened that LSU fans wouldn't be just as pissed or more than USC fans?

I still hate the BCS system but since LSU is in the National Championship game I have but my hatred of the BCS aside for now.

4. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

We'd be pissed BengalB, no doubt about it...But would Saban have gone on National Television with his cries? I really didn't don't think he would.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Saban wouldn't have done what Pete Carroll did but you can bet your last dollar that LSU fans would be screaming.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

We all knew the system wouldn't be changed during the season. Thats not the point. Realistically they are not going to go to any kind of real and meaninful playoff system immediatately but for next year they should at least match #1 against #3 and #2 against #4 in the bowls and then have the winners play for the NC.

I say this as an LSU fan who is glad things worked out in the Tiger's favor this year but it could have just as easily gone the other way.

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

quoted by fightintiger
    If anyone has a complaint it's LSU fans. LSU didn't get any quality win bonus points for beating a #7 and #5 Georgia team. That's the real crime in this system.

Amen Brother!!!

I thought we would get credit through the human polls for this.
    AT Least........................................................................................

Didn't Happen...........

Idiots like Chris Fowler just compared the losses between LSU and USC and voted USC ahead because they were closer to
    having a perfect season..........

Nevermind the Quality wins between LSU and USC.

What a moron...............

8. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

We would have been pissed, but the national media would not have picked up the story and run with it in the same way they are doing so for SC. That's the real problem. Basically, LSU/Michigan Rose Bowl would not be called the NC like it is for SC.