Be careful what you wish for.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 15, 2009.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

everyone wanting Crowton gone, you may get your wish, but i for one am not to excited about Jordan Jefferson having to learn a new offense if Crowton leaves or is replaced. It has taken him a while to get as far as he has and i think he has done well. Yes he has made some mistakes, but he has progressed. I am not just throwing this season away and looking ahead but think about it, next season is the money season, and i think it would be a major setback for our starters on offense to have to learn a new system.

1 person likes this.
  2. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

insightful post

3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I would've agreed to some extent about next season being the money season before the year started, but in all honesty, under the same system we have now with less offensive weapons than we have now... hell what do I know, guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    I'm on the fence about whether I want him gone or not... one moment thinking back on certain points I want him packed and gone before he gets home, but then there's times of brilliance and it eases things for a bit. I will say one thing, regardless of what happens this season, i'm all for taking this season in stride depending on how our next two games and the bowl goes... but another season of lackluster production and he should be shown the door.

4. Randy70

Randy70 Founding Member

I disagree. Last year Auburn had an offense that was pretty lame. A new coordinator, a new system and they are putting up plenty of points.

5. tuckerman

tuckerman Veteran Member

This week Crowton's offense is ranked 108 out of 120! Who cares if JJ has to learn a new system? I bet he doesn't.

6. GB-Tigers08

GB-Tigers08 Founding Member

In my opinion it would be a major setback for the entire team if they are forced to continue beyond this year with the current system...which we all know is a disgrace! It's kind of like beating your head against a brick wall...or like JL attempting 3 pass plays in a row during a crucial time in the game! See the similarities.

And before anyone get's their panties in a wad...i'm not bashing JL. My comments were aimed directly at Crowton. JL just helped me make the comparison.:geaux:

7. LaSalleAve

i would love to see this offense click also, but it has taken Jefferson a good while to show progression in this offense. If LSU makes a dynamite hire, with a guy who has a simple system, then sure, great move. But alot of things have to happen to get the right guy in here, and there may be some growing pains involved, and i would hate to see that come next season.

8. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

I'd rather him know half of an effective offense than all of a crappy one.

9. LaSalleAve

So who is the hire? What OC could come in next year with system that would work in Baton Rouge, and be simple enough not to set the offense back?

10. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Do different offenses work differently in different cities?

1 person likes this.