Be careful what you wish for.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

It seems that Crowton's great fault is his inability to fall back on a safe BUT EFFECTIVE offensive scheme if your "genius" one isn't working. If he stays or goes will probably be decided next year; there are too many logical reason why the scheme isn't working (inexperienced QB, weak OL, injuries, bama and florida in top three, etc.) I say we give him a year with a sound line, a seasoned QB, healthy running corps, and see if he screws THAT up:geaux:

1 person likes this.
  2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Our OC has two QBs that have been in his system almost 2 full seasons (springs, sumers and falls camps) with about equal starting and playing time. And our offense seems to have a hard time getting out of 1st gear more times than not.
    Just in the SEC alone there's a few teams who are playing with QBs who have hardly seen playing time in their careers, and a few with freshmen QBs who are all ahead of the curve then our QBs... i'd say that falls on GCs inability to prepare young QBs, which could be his achilles heal. Regardless, if he can't get our personnel ready to play, we'll fall farther behind the rest of the conference quickly, several teams have come out of nowhere and the rest of the SEC is following the trend.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i am conflicted, the meaning of the thread was to give the only reason i could think of to keep Crowton. But then, people starting giving examples of other situations where it worked, but i think Chaos had the best point, maybe this offense is just way too complicated, and has too many bells and whistles.

4. LaSalleAve

different. alot harder to bring in a new offensive philosophy, than it is to bring in a new defensive one.

5. LaSalleAve

not only that, abandon it period.

6. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

7. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

I'm told often that JJ is not the best QB on the team!

JJ might not win out in open battle with all QB's now on the team!

If Gary is gone it will not be a problem for me!

:tigereye:

8. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

This is what frustrates me with our current coaching staff. I can understand being loyal to your senior players but at the expense of putting in inferior players kind of irritates me. Personally I think every position is an open spot at the beginning of every year. Therefore if you dont win you position each year you dont start! I think going that route pushes your players and can only help the entire team. If you dont breed competition then I believe you only hurt your team. :geaux: :tigerhead

9. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

10. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I don't believe just because you have a new coordinator you are going to have a down year one way or the other, LSU's D for instance this year.
    When Les Miles was hired as coach I was happy because I thought he was going to bring his Okie State offense with him.
    That was my first thought anyway!
    What happened?

Anyway, somebody help me out here but I think there are plenty of teams that score a lot of points and have good offense there first year with a new offensive coordinator or system.
    Crowton being one of them, How many points did Florida average CUM's first year.

Saban's first year at LSU?