Be careful what you wish for.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 15, 2009.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

nice post man, good info. I really miss Funky Town.

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I realize that. However, remember that there was also a nice big shot downfield to Lafell that was called back. Would have been at least 30yds. So overall, the play calling was much different than it was against Florida. And yes, for whatever reason, it was even less conservative when Lee was in the game. But I still can't figure out why for the life of me. Also, QB's that have nice games in terms of statistics generally have one or two big runs that bump up their yardage numbers. No one really dinks and dunks for 300yds.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

not to mention a nice completion to Deangelo Peterson, and a toucdown toss to Deangelo Peterson. A first down that was not awarded because of a bad spot, Jefferson was moving the offense, and doing a damn good job. The kid has been a different player since losing to UF. I'm with you CC.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What gives you the notion that you know which players are "inferior" better than the professional coaches whose careers depend on them do? :insane:

What disgruntled fans call "loyalty to seniors" is more appropriately called "loyalty to players with a track record" rather than highly-touted high schoolers who are untested at this level. I've seen many youngsters earn playing time right away, but most aren't ready to start until they are 3rd-year sophomores or juniors.

The coaches know how to evaluate not only physical talent but whether a player has the emotional maturity to handle stress and is smart enough to have learned a very complex offensive or defensive scheme. The cream rises to the top and it always will. But sometimes it takes a couple of years.

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Yep. Dang. It's painful to think of how much crap was called back or called incorrectly throughout the entirety of that game (and how much bama got away with). We fought through all of that crap, but the interception was just too much to overcome. It was the straw that broke the camel's back. Unreal. But, that's ok. The last time the refs hosed us that badly was at Auburn in 2006. Well, guess when the last time Auburn beat LSU was? Yep, that's right, bama. Prepare yourselves for a losing streak to the Tigers.

6. christiantiger

christiantiger Freshman

jordan jefferson ran the spread offence in high school and never lost a game as a starter

7. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

You would think they would go back and see what plays HE RAN SO WELL,
    and put them in the LSU offense. So many coaches MAKE any player
    use the system the coach knows and when it does not work they are dumbfounded as to what to do and the players just get very frustrated.:geaux:

8. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

money talks BS walks. we can hire good coaches with the money LSU generates. its a big time school hello!

many schools do fine with new co cordinators. We have a new one this year on defense.

crowton needs to pack bags.