Be careful what you wish for.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 5, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Lets say Miles gets bought out. What happens to Chavis? Frank Wilson? Billy Gonzales? Cooper? This could be one of the best recruiting classes the state of Louisiana has seen in a long time. Does anyone think that getting rid of Miles will not have any effect on the recruiting class this upcoming season, or retaining our other coaches?

1 person likes this.
  2. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

You're absolutely right.

We don't have a problem with our defense. Miles hired the right guy.

Our Special teams are lights out. Miles has done well there also.

Miles recruits with the best of them.

I say, let's quit bashing Miles. He'll make changes in the offseason.

I have faith that he'll get the offence fixed. He'll hire a good OC.

1 person likes this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Fire Miles, Chavis promoted to HC, Fire the old crow medicine show and promote Billy to OC.

4. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

If Miles was given the boot, I don't see the next head coach (who will be highly touted, highly paid, and full of pride) keeping the good coaches that we have. He would probably fill the group with his people, and since he would be a highly touted and highly paid coach, he would have a completely different philosophy about the game, on offense and defense.

Miles has fixed problems before, but everyone will make mistakes. I trust that he will do the right thing in preparing us for the rest of the season. But I still want Crowton gone when it's over unless we win out.

5. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

I see no reason to fire Miles right away. What I said before this game still holds true.

- Demote Crowton immediately, fire after the last regular season game
    - Give Billy the play calling responsibilities with help from Crowton.
    - Start a search for a new OC, prefer someone a little younger that can take over as head coach in a few years if you are not happy with the changes Billy G. makes
    - Let Les go at the end of his contract

Crowton should have been fired years ago, but you can't worry about that now but you can immediately demote him. To be honest, I have no idea what Les does. He doesn't really coach, he doesn't really do much with the offense or defense, if you say he is more a general manager... well, he sucks at that.

LSU has to cut the cord with Crowton, wasting 3 more months till the end of the season seems silly to me.

1 person likes this.
  6. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

I guess that depends on who is hired to replace him. Miles had jobs for some of Sabans staff. I can't see a new coach getting rid of Chavis but you never know. I don't think I'd like to hire a new coach who doesn't have the sense to keep Chavis...he'd lose points right off the bat.

I would also like to add that continuing and producing the same results we've seen lately will have as much, if not more, of an impact on recruiting. There is the opinion that recruits will continue to come here regardless of current coaching issues and I disagree. Recruits have only a few years to present themselves as Pro prospects and whether their heart is here or not, they will and should make the choice that gives them the best opportunity at the next level.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Billy Gonzales coaches the receivers.

The receivers have regressed under him this season.

He's in line for a demotion, not a promotion.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

That's all fine and dandy, but there would still be an idiot roaming the sidelines phucking up every single clock management situation known to mankind.

Is that what you really want?

9. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

The offense has been going backwards for years, nothing Gonzales is going to do as a WR coach to change that.

With that thinking then all the starting WRs should be benched this week for the 2nd and 3rd string.

To me the WRs have only gone backwards for 2 reasons:
    - Russell converted and I am not sure that is a good position for him
    - Toliver is just feed up, 3 years of waving his hands up in the air for the ball... seems not interested.
    - The rest seems out of their hands to me

There is no quick fix, Les and the delusional fans ignored the problem for year and it will take years to fix.

Immediate changes to play calling COULD/MIGHT have an impact but this is a long-term fix.

10. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

They dropped balls last year, and they are dropping them this year. Definately not overwhelming improvement. I think we won't see it until a QB consistently puts it in their hands or BG has a year of coaching here. Unless JLee sees more playing time and soon, we will have to wait for the latter to occur.