Be happy

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roynav, Sep 29, 2010.

1. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Does the same go for the Speaker of the House?

JK. But I believe that it is a very American tendency to always yearn for things to be better. I can't 'be happy' with our QB play nor Pelosi. However, I am far from upset about both. There are many more important things in life.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I wish we'd suddenly light it up on offense and I'm not disagreeing with LaSalle. I'm only pointing out that we drive ourselves crazy with the what ifs. At some point reality has to sink in. I'd have bet money before the season that JJ would be vastly improved. Now, I'm just accepting that any championships this team wins will be because of our defense and special teams. The offense's job is not to give the game away. I think that may be the coaches mindset as well.

3. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

SabanFan --
    I was right there with you.... I believed that JJ would be better this year too. Figured that another Spring/Summer as the undisputed starter had to have a positive effect. I don't claim to know how much is JJ's / Crowton's / Miles's fault. But I have now accepted that this is as good as JJ will get.

4. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I keep thinking 2009 Jordan is hiding out there somewhere. If he shows up we are dangerous...and it isn't asking for much...really it isn't.

5. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

I understand what we have in JJ. However, there is nothing that drives me crazier than "adjusting my expectations". Does this apply to the team as a whole. What if our team develops into a 7-5 team on a yearly basis? Should I adjust my expectations and deal with the fact that we will lose 5 games on average?

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Your avatar somehow looks like a composite picture of George W Bush and Barack Hussein Obama

7. SabanFan

I'm not saying adjust your expectations from expecting a winner to expecting a loser. I'm saying adjust your expectations from winning with an offensive juggernaut to winning with defense. 7-5 won't cut it no matter what the reason.

8. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Fair enough. However, we are going to need more offense in the upcoming weeks.

115 LSU
    117 Air Force
    118 UCLA
    119 Georgia Tech
    120 Army

There are only 4 teams below us in passing yds and 3 of them are triple option teams. That's pathetic.

9. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

Any of you guys remember Pat Lyons - Paul's brother? JJ & JL are in his league. We ran Charles and Terry about every play, as no one knew where Pat was throwing the ball.

10. SabanFan

How do those for teams rate on Defense?