Beavers trying to make LSU wear Purple???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Jul 29, 2004.

1. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Nah, the NCAA rule states that home teams may wear their light colored jerseys with the approval of the visiting team. I think Vandy didn't allow us to wear white one year ... and Spurrier never did.

2. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

I am pretty sure that that was an "SEC only" rule. So that rule does not apply to OOC games. The NCAA rules give the away team the power to veto.

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Here's the rule straight from the NCAA...

ARTICLE 3. a. Players of opposing teams shall wear jerseys of contrasting colors, and the visiting team shall wear white jerseys. White jerseys may be worn by the home team when the teams have agreed before the season. Players of a team shall wear jerseys of the same color and design.

4. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Thus the disclaimer.

5. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Yes. I remember the "Gold Rush" game against Vandy. Not one of our finer moments in the stands.

6. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

That's a good point about the black. Remember, kickoff is before sundown (not that it'll change much even after sundown).

Regardless, if true this will piss plenty of people off.

OR, the ADept. can do something really cool and break out the gold jerseys. Always like them anyways.

7. Ralph_Wiggum

Ralph_Wiggum Founding Member

Cut Oregon State some slack. I mean it's the duty of the coach to do everything to give his team a fair by-the-rules-advantage. Baton Rouge in early september can be very hot and humid and even with the early evening kick-off you have warmups and I figure that wearing a light colored uniform or white uniform is to your advantage especially if you're from Oregon.

I remember the dallas cowboys had problems wearing powder-blue uniforms instead of their whites back in the Staubach days. They didn't like wearing those uniforms and I believe their record was worse in those powder blues.

I don't think LSU has a purple-uniform problem except for the pants. Didn't they only wear those once versus UK and then never again? I think it'll be good for LSU to win wearing purple at home.

8. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

They should look lovely in those new orange uniforms, laying on their backs.

9. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

You need a xanax

10. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Anyone but me pause long enough to take a *deep* breath and realize that, as written, this rule should still allow LSU to wear the white jerseys if, indeed, OSU wears orange?

Orange contrasts pretty well against white, I'd say.