Beavers trying to make LSU wear Purple???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Jul 29, 2004.

1. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

I thought I was the only one scratching my head at this.

2. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

No agreement from OU no white for LSU.

LSU could wear purple fleece jackets and these OU boys are still at a disadvantage in Sept. at 5 pm. Smaller traveling squad and all these folks are cramping or worse before halftime. Strength and explosiveness goes down and it gets ugly. Not much difference between Sept 4 and the last week of August in South La. Its gonna be HOT. :lol: :rofl:

3. bigfella99

bigfella99 Founding Member

I thought the gold uniforms were hip. I like it when they change things up. Plus it had to be a shock to Vandy.

4. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I thought you only HAD to wear a non-white jersey if the road team wore white, not orange. If they wear orange, we should still be able to wear white. Besides, lots of Div I-A teams wear orange jerseys at home with the road team wearing white. What's the problem?

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I don't see a problem either cajdav :)

6. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I like the Purple Jersey's....We finally won a championship in 2003...I am all for tradition...But, does that mean we still use shalt and shant and thou and thee when we type and talk?

Of course not...Let's get with the program, here...Who the hell is really going to feel like their Cornflakes got p!ssed in because we couldn't (In my best "Pat" from SNL fame voice), "Wear our white colored jerrrrrrrrrsssssssseeeeeeeeeeys!"

Get a grip...Tradition is great...and I love Saturday Night...But we're not taking tea with the Queen here...

7. LuvDoc

LuvDoc Founding Member

TE

While I get your point, and without hearing from the beav on why he made this choice, I believe it must be an attempt to prevent us from wearing what tradition requires.

Though it could be a matter of cooler unis for the beaves, it is more likely a slap a la Spurrier. They're screwing with us just because the rules say they can, and it cheeses us off! More power to them, but expect it to backfire in a HUGE way.

Anyway, as mentioned above, while the heat and humidity will be palpable at 5:00 in early Sept, I don't believe direct sun will be a factor that late in the evening. So they risk the (additional) wrath of drunken fans over a falsely perceived advantage.

anyone have official confirmation of this?

And Gawd, please don't wear the gold jerseys!!! While I obviously prefer the traditional white for national spotlight games, frankly I like the purple jerseys. I remember thinking how cool they were in the 80's during home games.

8. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I got news for you...The players could give three sh!ts less, and they like the Purple Jersey's...

Tradition does not "require" us...Tradition would "dictate" but tradition from the 8 out of the previous 11 seasons before Saban's arrival would "require" or "dictate" in the same manner that we lose...Because we had been before that a majority of the time...Does that mean we were "required" to lose?

You guys are a little on the anal side...I mean...are you TRYING to find reasons to work yourselves up?

9. BigRig

BigRig Like a fine box of wine

Hell with it. Let's wear black jerseys with those white helmets and the purple pants. Also, through in some yellow shoes and replace the tiger on the helmet with just numbers. Then, maybe, we can break out the old XFL football to use.

10. LuvDoc

LuvDoc Founding Member

"I mean...are you TRYING to find reasons to work yourselves up?"

Well, sorta, sure! 36 days and counting before the first game and we're getting a bit ancy. . .

I'll concede the point that the players won't care. It's not like Saban's going to make it the focus a fiery pregame pep talk. "I didn't care much about this game before, but now, as I stand here looking at you in those buttt-ugly gold jerseys, I'M READY TO RIP THEIR HEADS OFF AND EAT SOME BEAVER!!!!!"

As I said, it's the fans who will care. And not about the color of the unis, but that they're trying to screw with our heads. Will that make a difference in the game? Probably not, as I feel we will win handily. But, if at all possible, the crowd could be inspired to increasing heights of rowdiness.

I mean geez, if they're trying to make it personal, the least we can do is oblige.

"Tradition does not "require" us...Tradition would "dictate" but tradition from the 8 out of the previous 11 seasons before Saban's arrival would "require" or "dictate" in the same manner that we lose...Because we had been before that a majority of the time...Does that mean we were "required" to lose?"

Ouch