Beavers trying to make LSU wear Purple???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Jul 29, 2004.

1. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

So what you are saying is that all that has been said is that they won't let us wear white, and they haven't said they would wear orange?

I get it if that's what the case is. My next question would be, what's the source for that information? Thanks

2. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Here's one.

Saban in Advocate

4. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Got a bad link cajdav. See if you can repair it. Thanks.

5. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Here you go:

Advocate Article

I can live with us wearing the purple jerseys. What I really hope doesn't happen is they call for a 'white out.' That's about the dumbest thing I've ever seen in Tiger Stadium not to mention how dull the stadium looks with everyone wearing white. :dis:

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

We are saying that OSU will be wearing white since they told us we couldn't. One team must wear white.

This was discussed at the SEC Media Days, per The Advocate this morning...

HOOVER, Ala. -- Color the LSU Tigers disappointed that Oregon State has declined LSU's request to wear white jerseys for the Tigers and Beavers' Sept. 4 season opener in Tiger Stadium.
    An NCAA rule dictates that home teams must wear their colored jerseys and road teams wear white. A provision of that rule, pushed through in 1995 by former LSU coach Gerry DiNardo, says a home team may wear white if it receives permission from the visiting team.

Apparently for Oregon State, the prospect of wearing their black jerseys for what is likely to be a steamy 5 p.m. kickoff in Baton Rouge was a dealbreaker. The game was moved up to accommodate ESPN.

LSU coach Nick Saban indicated there seemed to be little appealing Oregon State's decision.

"We asked and they refused," Saban said at Southeastern Conference Football Media Days. "That's probably the way it's going to be."

The Tigers have made a habit under Saban of wearing purple jerseys each season, but only in their second non-conference home game.

7. Albeaver

Albeaver Freshman

Trust we are not trying to play head games.

We are going in as severe underdogs, and we need any advantage we can get. Black Uni's in the hottest apart of the day doesn't give us much of an advantage. Believe me, this decision is being made for the best interest of our players health. I am not sure what our other options are. We do have an orange pant option, but I don't see us pulling an all orange uni.

8. rickyd

rickyd Founding Member

This is pretty much word for word the exact quote on the Beavers board, under the name aubie59.

Tell me PT, when does awbarn play the Beavers? Oh thats right, you don't, so I guess all that bullchit you spread on our opponents boards as aubie59 is another one of your fake attempts to extend an OLIVE BRANCH! (where aubie right up our azz) I suppose this drags your 1% er azz out of the closet!! What a tool you are!!

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Doesn't matter. Purple is fine. We'll whup you naked if we have to.

10. BigRig

BigRig Like a fine box of wine

I wouldn't call 5:00 PM the hottest part of the day by any stretch.