Beavers trying to make LSU wear Purple???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Coonie

Coonie Founding Member

Then let's go for Purple Power!! If they want purple, let's give them all they can handle!! :grin: :grin:

Besides, I don't think we've ever tried a "purple rain" yet (only the "white-out" and "gold rush").

2. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I'd like that idea. The problem is I'm not sure all of our male fans are secure enough in their masculinity to wear purple. I've overheard all sorts of dumb comments about purple while at some baseball games and in the bathrooms at football games from some male fans.

3. rickyd

rickyd Founding Member

Purple with that Gold Nike' Swoosh, nothing femanine there, unless you want to take that up with NICK!! Now, Prince may be a little femanine, but a "Purple Rain Out" sounds pretty cool...

4. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

There is no indignity in wearing purple...

...MAYBE its watered down version - LAVENDER - which is a bit fey...

In fact, in the olden days it was a crime punishable by death to make or wear purple clothing unless you were royalty...

...hence the color name: ROYAL purple...

**** THE COLOR OF KINGS ****

...my favorite color since I was 5...

...GUESS WHY? :grin:

:lsup: :lsug: :lsup: :lsug: :lsup: :lsug: :lsup: :lsug: :lsup:

5. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

I don't care what our team wears (even if they wore purple and gold clown suits with size 31 clown shows and carried giant balloon bowling pins), just as long as they win.

6. Albeaver

Albeaver Freshman

Iv'e never been to Baton Rouge..

so I don't know when the day is generally at its hottest there, but in Oregon 5:00 is damn near the hottest part of the day!

7. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

hmmm... I was in Oregon last summer - the humidity there is absolutely NOTHING compared to down here

8. Albeaver

Albeaver Freshman

OK?

no one is arguing that.

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The late afternoon is usally the hottest part of the day due to all of the earth and concrete being heated up all day long. We set a record here in atlanta for 3 days in a row recently and the records were all set after 6 P.M.

10. col reb

col reb Founding Member

I can just catch a GLANCE at the tube and know if I just saw LSU. THAT'S tradition. I remember when LSU fans thought the purple jersey was ugly, that they were unlucky, that LSU often lost when wearing them. Personally, I think the home team should be the one to have the choice. When I lived in BR, I went to all LSU games. Part of the color and pagentry was seeing the visitors wearing their colors. And I still say LSU kind of took the attitude that, "Hell yes!!! We wear OUR white and are not really sure that you are good enough to come get them dirty. But BRING IT ON." :lsup: