Beckham Tweet About Staying Another Year

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by VampMuse, Nov 30, 2013.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

So would I. It's too risky to suffer a career ending injury. Or even one that would require a long rehab and drop his draft stock. It would be hard though and I can see where his parents are coming from- if this is true. College days are some of the best and he has the rest of his life to be a "grown-up."

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Correct.

It's reserved for the Dez Bryants and Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson and AJ Green's of this world.

If Beckham had Landry's hands he would go in the top 5 receivers. But he has too many lapses in concentration. Plus the muffed punt, the fumble last year vs Florida. Those are backbreaking plays that NFL teams really downgrade a player for.

I think Beckham still goes 1st round and maybe even top 15-20 because of his return skills added on to his freakish ability at WR. His strength is high pointing the ball. Does it better than any receiver I have ever seen at LSU. Plus YAC. NFL teams drool on receivers with tremendous YAC ability.

Landry is going to be a GREAT slot receiver in the NFL. Someone who is fearless and can catch in traffic. That's what you need out of a slot receiver. And he can block on the edges, and NFL teams will love seeing film on Landry and how polished he is as an all around receiver. I see Landry in the 2nd round.

furduknfish likes this.
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Well based in the draft he might try to push for 1st round or just come back and b
    So do you think there is any chance any one of these guys comes back for an NC?

4. islstl

Maybe Landry. But not Beckham.

And if I had my choice, I would want Landry back because he could be a steadying influence on the young WRs coming in and getting PT next year. And be that go to guy for a young Jennings at QB.

I think Landry can help make Jennings better right off the rip. I think Beckham could get lackadaisical not having a Mettenberger throwing him ropes, thus hurting Jennings with dropped passes and just having a really inconsistent season.

FirstCoastTiger likes this.
  5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Agree w/the Landry helping Jennings part, but are you truly, in November 2013, predicting that OBJ coming back next season will lead to an entire inconsistent season for Jennings b/c he may get lackadaisical and drop some balls? Sheesh, man. I think your new name should be firestarter, cuz all your phenomenal predictions seem to do is start little brush fires that then seed unrealistic or incorrect expectations.

6. islstl

Beckham would have an inconsistent season with the drops. Not Jennings.

7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Gotcha. Well, hard to say. Jennings throws what looks like a very catchable ball. I was impressed yesterday w/how he drops them in there.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yea his 1st pass was high but I understand why. After that he settled down and threw some nice ones.

Also, IMMUNE TO SACKS! :D

9. islstl

I was more than impressed with his poise. Kid was not phased one bit that we were at the 1 yard line.

StaceyO likes this.
  10. islstl

His first pass was caught. Not sure what you're referring to.