Beckham's projected stats over a 16 game season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Dec 4, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Former LSU star Odell Beckham running away with NFL’s top rookie honor
    [​IMG]Brad Crawford[​IMG]

December 15, 2014 @ 9:33am
    [​IMG]

New York Giants wideout and former LSU standout Odell Beckham Jr. became the first rookie in NFL history Sunday to record at least 12 catches, 140 yards and three touchdowns in a single game, doing so during a win over the Redskins.

Beckham has caught fire since ‘The Catch’, recording a league-best 30 receptions over his last three starts for 363 yards and four touchdowns. He has tallied 61 catches since Nov. 3, the most ever by an NFL rookie over a seven-game span.

Last season in Baton Rouge, Beckham earned the Hornung Award, an honor given to college football’s most versatile player. The 2013 first-team All-American’s skills have translated instantly at the next level as Beckham has torched defenses throughout his opening season.

The Giants (5-9) have struggled as a team this season but have won back-to-back games after losing seven straight.

“As I said earlier in the year, there’s no reason for this team not to have the best offense,” Beckham told the Associated Press. “The way we’ve played the last couple of games gives us a better feel for how we’re going to play. For me, it’s making the most of my opportunities.”

TigerTap and StaceyO like this.
  2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That WAS a 10.

[​IMG]

Winston1 and LSUDad like this.
  3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Yep, most of her life.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

The nerve

islstl likes this.
  5. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

Don't quite understand the negativity about OBJ. Dude came in, missed first few games of the season but has posted the best stats of an incredible rookie WR class in the NFL. In fact, many argue this is one of the best NFL rookie WR classes ever. I picked him up in my fantasy league and he is one of my more reliable starters on the team. His 30+ points last Sunday won the game for me. I've watched him play a good bit this year and he has been outstanding. Consider that WR is one of the toughest positions for rookies. The record of the team makes little difference. Playing in the NFL which is the top 5% of all college players and delivering the numbers that he does is no small accomplishment. The absence of Victor Cruz has opened the door for OBJ for sure and he has taken every advantage of that opportunity. That's what good players do. There have been a number of veteran and rookie players who have not produced when given the chance. OBJ is quickly turning into an NFL star. Who knows what it will be like next year but you have to assume that with another year in the system he will continue to grow. But if you still want to roll the clouds over the top of OBJ then consider that he is beating out other rookie WR's like Kelvin Benjamin, Mike Evans, Sammy Watkins and Brandin Cooks (although he did get injured). Landry is not too far behind OBJ. Not as flashy but man he is a competitive player. Maybe we can start a thread to talk about how overrated Landry is too ...

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Your sarcasm detector is broken.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The first page of this thread reads like an excuse machine for why he was succeeding.

LSUDad likes this.
  8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Nice:
    Odell Beckham Jr. wants to win the offensive rookie of the year award because, well, why wouldn't he want to bring it home?

But that doesn't mean he's so enamored with his own spectacular season that he would caste a vote with his name on it if he had one. Per ESPN.com's Dan Graziano, Beckham said the first two names on his hypothetical ballot would be former LSU teammates Jeremy Hill andJarvis Landry.

College allegiance aside, both are enjoying strong rookie seasons. Hill is a second-round choice who plays for the Bengals and leads all rookies with 877 rushing yards on 177 carries. His eight touchdowns are also tied for most among NFL newbies. Landry, a Dolphins receiver, can't match Beckham's numbers but he's still had a nice season. He has 71 receptions — same as Beckham — for 672 yards and five TDs.

As for Beckham, he leads all rookie wideouts in catches (71) and yards (972) and trails only the Buccaneers' Mike Evans in touchdown receptions (11). He has a pretty convincing case for the award.

"If they vote for me, I win it, and it would definitely be a tremendous honor," Beckham said, via Graziano. "It's in the back of your mind, but at the same time, we've got two games left and I've got to finish strong."

9. LaSalleAve

He's a good dude, and you just know those 3 have a great bond. On another note, how cool would it be if Cincinnati were able to draft La'El, put him at RT, and have him block for his old high school and college teammate, with Whitworth on the left side.

LSUDad likes this.
  10. LaSalleAve

He has another TD, over 1000 yards on the season and the Rams are trying to injure him.