Beckham's projected stats over a 16 game season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Dec 4, 2014.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I remember that nonsense well...

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

staceys and lasalles game memories are most impressive. the latter is most surprising.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Its surprising if lasalle can remember his own name

4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Travon Reed?

StaceyO likes this.
  5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

deangelo benton.

LSUDad and StaceyO like this.
  6. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Yeah, that situation was screwy to a lot of people, but we got the MUCH better end of that deal in talent and behavior. Most won't understand it but knowing his Dad personally and the type of person he is, I understand. You can't keep your child away from bad people but if you know someone is not a great person nor does he come from a good household, he felt it better to keep them separate. So the "him or me" was more or less to say, I don't want my son in an uncontrolled environment with this kid. He was basically saying I have no idea what kind of people he will encounter when he goes to college and ultimately it's up to him to make the right choices, but I know one he WON'T be around. Whether you guys understand that or not, if and when D-Lo came to LSU with Rueben making the same kinds of choices he made when he went to Auburn, like it or not that would've been tied to Rueben. Two kids from the same town(but far different upbringings) playing the same position on the same team...nope, I would've passed too.

D-Lo got kicked off Auburn's team for weed and synthetic. He had some involvement in the triple murder at the apartment complex near campus. I'm not saying he's a shitty person but he tends to find himself in shitty situations. Thankfully he got his degree in the process! I have no idea what he's doing with it though.

cajdav1, LSUDad and red55 like this.
  7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

This is an interesting take on the situation. As a parent, I can completely understand not wanting my children around bad influences.

I see this as a teacher, as well. A few years ago, a really nice student of mine was staying for tutorials, but his mom still decided to check up on him. What she really wanted to know was who was with him at tutorials and if they were being good or bad influences.

As an interesting aside, that young man is a very good football player (a junior safety at Plano Senior High now.) He wants badly to play football at LSU, but currently, Alabama is the only SEC school recruiting him (I teach his 8th grade brother this year.) LSU is recruiting his life-long best friend (another great kid), who is a RB. Apparently, their parents are sending both of them to camp at LSU this summer to see if both catch Miles' eye.

LSUDad likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Why wouldn't LSU be recruiting him if Bama wants him? Is LSU unaware of how good he is?

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You can lick my balls

I believe the guy was Deangelo Benton.

LSUDad likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So, you know how to read tirk's post