Been awhile - Hope Miles stays

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Nov 25, 2015.

1. 15 NCandGoinStrong

15 NCandGoinStrong Senior Member

LOL. That actually made me laugh. Suprised i got 1 like maybe i'm trying to hard

shane0911 likes this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Still subtly trying to be a dique.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i dont mind trolls but goddamn please only allow a smart one. jesus fucking christ this mouth breather.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

and we thought sucker punching someone in a parking lot was bad....

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  5. lsu-i-like

Miles doesn't have a clean player rap sheet either.

Richdog and ParadiseiNC like this.
  6. LSU Strength

LSU Strength Veteran Member

Likely a few reasons. 1) Les practices far longer than most coaches, and he runs them after practice regularly. In contrast, Saban practices much less. In addition, Les allows/encourages the position coaches to grab players and run them through extra drills on a regular basis (I watched Corey Raymond grab guys right after they finished two hours lifting and conditioning and run them through a bunch of extra drills); 2) Our offense can't stay on the field, so our D is constantly on the field and is therefore, gassed; 3) Our D is too small so they are having to fight harder to handle guys who outweigh them by 30-50 lbs. per man.

Moffitt has not changed the conditioning program that I am aware of, but based upon how things were when I was there, those would be my predictions.

alfredeneuman and ParadiseiNC like this.
  7. LSU Strength

LSU Strength Veteran Member

No he doesn't. But, he has shown the guts to kick guys off the team (such as Ryan Perrilloux.) when they really screw up more than once. Even though doing that really hurt the team, and his position as coach.

In addition, he has shown a willingness to back off recruiting kids when he finds out things about their character that bother him. For example, we backed off McKnight for a reason, namely being the way he acted when he was on his official visit. When I was there, there was talk about even recruiting Perrilloux at all due to character concerns. But, Les felt like he had to recruit and offer him since it was early in his coaching tenure, and Perrilloux was Louisiana kid.

8. lsu-i-like

No doubt it's one of Les' strengths.

LSU Strength likes this.
  9. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

I do not want him to leave either and I think the majority would like him to stay if he could only field a team that would improve on a regular basis. He has not had a great offense and now that the D is slipping it is time to make a move. We all thought Cam was the answer and only because of Mett, OBJ, & JL his ineptness was hidden for a couple of years, but we have not improved under him. Our recruiting is top notch but our performance has been below average as of late. The Les Miles we all loved after the Florida game years ago has left the building and all that is left is the exoskeleton of that go-for-broke coach. Both need a fresh start.

Bengal B likes this.
  10. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

When my son played at TCU, they did a spring weight lifting deal every year, one particular year the Tx HS coaches were in Dallas for their annual convention. For some reason all the coaches from Catholic HS were there, they told me that then LSU coach Nick Saban told them to come to TCU and meet Don Sommer, his summer program is called the "Days of Sommer" for a reason. I saw that "reason" first hand when TCU opened at Oklahoma the year after they played USC for national chmapionship. Peterson was a soph on that team. It was about 95 degrees that day, in the last half of the 4th quarter I witnessed several times OU players laying all over the field with TCU players standing over them..........the conditioning has never changed. Sommer is still at TCU. TCU beat them that day, when Texas beat them with Vince Young 5 weeks later, the originally 5th ranked Sooners reclassified their 2005 season as "rebuilding".

lsu-i-like likes this.