Beer in Tiger Stadium & Alex Box

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, May 21, 2004.

?

Should Beer be Sold in Tiger Stadium and Alex Box?

1. Yes

45.6%
  2. No

40.4%
  3. Free Beer After Every TD or Homerun

14.0%
  1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Everybody knows you can smuggle a bottle of hard liquor into Tiger Stadium but bringing in a cooler of cold beer is next to impossible. Should they sell beer in Tiger Stadium and Alex Box Stadium?

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

definitely. how can they not? what are we chidren who cant handle our beer? it is terrible that they dont serve beer. beer=fun.

shea stadium has a special section where they dont sell beer and you cant drink it. so if you are scared of drunks you can sit there with your kids.

it really takes alot of fun out of it when you cant enjoy a beer at a game.

3. SG_Geaux

SG_Geaux Founding Member

If I am not mistaken, it is an SEC rule, not an LSU rule.

1. If simply not having a beer to drink makes the game less fun, then you prrobably have bigger issues you need to wory about.

2. Too many a**holes don't drink responsibly, and become a nuisance to other people. I paid for my seat just like everyone else. Why should I have to put up with the drunk idiots ? I gaurantee you that the drunk a**hole has a much more negative effect on my enjoyment of the game than not being able to have a beer has on his enjoyment of the game.

3. People already get plastered before the game, can you imagine what the 4th quarter would be like if the idiots could drink the whole game ?

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

People already drink during the game and you are just as likely to be sitting next to a drunk who has smuggled in a 5th of Jim Beam or Crown Royal as you would be next to a guy who was buying stadium beer. Beer dosen't get you drunk nearly as fast as hard liquor.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

i disagree. i enjoy beer. it tastes great and it makes for fun times. i am no drunk. it adds enjoyment for rational level-headed humans. not just bums. it is unfortunate when i cannot enjoy a beverage i enjoy at a sporting event. i go to plenty of sporting events with rowdy ass crowds drinking and it seems to work out just fine for me.

"Beer is proof that God loves us " - ben franklin

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Will cause waaaaaaaay too many bathromm breaks.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

There are also Insurance and Liability issues.

8. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Can you imagine sitting below the upper deck with a buch of drunks thowing everything that is not tied down on top of you?

With the present state of the world, you would have the danger of having something more lethal smuggled in a cooler than the alcohol that is eating away at your liver.

9. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

I would hate to think that what I was drinking made a difference in how I was enjoying anything. Drunks in the stadium are like umbrellas, should not be there unless they are folded up and under your seat. :geaux:

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It will never happen in college ball since the drinking age went from 18 to 21 and most undergrads can't buy liquor. But a brew in the box on a hot day would really be nice.

It was different in the 1970's. Even the freshmen were legal age. There was a beer pub in the Union and another in the basement of Hatcher Hall. A pub in your dorm, those were the days, eh?