Beer in Tiger Stadium & Alex Box

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, May 21, 2004.

?

Should Beer be Sold in Tiger Stadium and Alex Box?

1. Yes

45.6%
  2. No

40.4%
  3. Free Beer After Every TD or Homerun

14.0%
  1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yeah in this age of STD's it's really a smart idea to have sex while drunk.

Ouch, that one hurt.

2. Houma Tiger

Houma Tiger Founding Member

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

beer wouldnt ruin games or be all that risky. every stadium i go sells beer in plastic cups or bottles, so its not like you can throw them and hurt anyone any more than you can with coke bottles. and yes, i realize you get more likely to throw bottles when you are drinking.

the solution is to have a collective disdain for surly drunks and all work together with security to see that they dont cause problems. the socond a drunk starts acting up, everybody points at him and he gets tossed, no questions asked, no problems. quick enforcement keeps people in line.

i dont even think selling beer in that stadium would necessarily make more people drunk. because the drunks smuggle it in already and are guzzling jim beam from a flask, but if they sold beer they could just chill out and drink that instead.

i actually think the vast majority of people who would drink beer would not get drunk. i know i always drink beer at the baseball games i go to regularly and never get drunk. i dont want to get drunk because i am trying to pay attention to the game.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Thats what I have been trying to say. People already are drinking whiskey, vodka, scotch, gin, tequila or whatever because that is their only option inside the stadium unless you have a really clever way of smuggling in beer. Hard liquor will get you drunk faster than beer. If they sold beer a lot of people would drink beer instead of hard liquor and there would be less drunken obnoxious behavior than there is already.

Over the years I have drunk more whiskey in Tiger Stadium that you can imagine but in stadiums that sell beer I have never drunk any alcoholic beverage other than beer.

5. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

I cannot find where I ever said that I can't understand why people drink beer. Beer does taste good to me. I enjoy one at times. I drink beer to enjoy the beer not make anything Else more enjoyable. I do have problem with beer in the stadium. I had to many drinks dumbed down my back and my wife' back at these games.

Yes, I have had sex drunk and with a partner that was drunk. Can't say It was better than when we both were straight. If in most cases there would be no sex without drinking there is problem. A lot of folks need to learn to relax without alcohol.

6. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Back in '92, my dad and I had tickets in the WU. We had pretty good seats, on the second row. For the life of me, I was trying to figure out how the 2 old men in front of me managed to "sneak" in a case of Bud. An entire freakin' case. And they drank them all. I just figured that the gate keepers for the WU didn't pay nearly as much attention as those on the ground level.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

was it an O'Doules? If not then your taste of the beer was numbed from the alcohol....so how could you truly enjoy it?

8. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

NO.

9. LSUAthletics

LSUAthletics Founding Member

I have not read this entire thread but could someone please explain to me why a true LSU fan that was really interested in the game would want to get drunk at a football game? I can understand having a few beers to relax and have a good time but why would anyone want to diminish their senses? I think many of those people are not concerned about the game as much as they are concerned about partying. I'd rather see those people stay home.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I guess its not as simple as that.... its tradition for students to drink and get drunk just because, let's say, its Tuesday. Or wednesday. Or monday.

Have you ever gotten drunk? more than once? Why? I cant imagine you didnt think it through first....what were you thinking.

no reason to analyze why ppl drink and get drunk at sporting events @ LSU....may want to start at worldwide first then come back to this. Or why they get drunk in a club every weekend they go out.... or at a crawfish boil. or ok ill stop. lol some just like to get hammered to forget about their stresses of life for a day i suppose. they are always gonna be there. deal with it or stay home i suppose.