Beginning of the end

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Sep 5, 2021.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I’m not overreacting to week 1. This goes back to 2020. LSU is 5-6 since 2019. Anybody who can’t recognize this is the beginning of the end of Ed Orgeron at LSU is in pure denial. We went from figuring out how to compete with Alabama to hoping to make a bowl game. 2019 was lightening in a bottle. Aranda was the back bone of this program and Brady/Burrow put us over the top. That shit is now gone.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    unclenick and Pjoe like this.
  2. JaxTigFan

JaxTigFan Founding Member

...and who brought in Brady and Burrow?

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

He also either brought in or allowed Pellini kept Ensminger and has hired these coaches. It looks like O doesn’t have the capability to judge hires. It maybe he has no overarching concept of what he wants but goes from pillar to post in search of the next magic.

kcal, Buzz69, gynojunkie and 2 others like this.
  4. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Yeah Brady and Burrow were legendary and irreplaceable.

Far more concerning to me is the fact that LSU giving up 500 yards and getting burned for huge plays is practically a given now.

rockwallfan, APPTiger and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  5. LSU_4_LIFE

Yep, he made some good moves, but has made a lot of bad ones. 2019 was great! But, it’s doesn’t appear offense (Brady & Burrow) is our problem right now. Our problem is with a HC coach who thinks he knows defense and just flat out doesn’t. Hence why he can’t make a hire at DC that keeps us from looking like a monkey fucking a football.

Your argument isn’t with me. It’s with the product on the field.

6. msully

msully Founding Member

. Look at Ole Miss and coach O . What he has done for LSU is what he did at Ole Miss . He maybe a good assistant coach , maybe , ??

unclenick and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  7. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Sad but true. I love O as a guy. Thought he was the answer after 2019. But when you think about it, he’s really ridden the success of Aranda, Burrow, and Brady. The defense right now is abysmal and missing literally the basic tenets of the game that are taught in pee wee. I can’t understand how it’s this bad, but it is. And it’s on O. There’s no reason not to have fixed these problems by now.

8. LSU_4_LIFE

This is where missing on Marcus Freeman doomed us. We go and hire a DB coach who has never called plays. Probably so he could be coach O’s puppet. This could very well be the same situation as Les Miles just on the opposite side of the ball.

Our inability to change. Inability to make in game adjustments and getting out coached and embarrassed on the defensive side of the ball is the new LSU under Ed Orgeron.

Again, 5th most talented roster in the country. Shit coaching, shit fundamentals and no ability to adjust.

UCLA, zero punts in the 2nd half. No adjustments made by LSU. Defense gave up plays of 43, 19, 75, 45, 36 and 35.

That’s 235 yards in six plays!

Show me 6 wins on our schedule. I’ll wait.

9. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I just can’t figure out at all how Jones hasn’t brought us to at least mediocre on defense. We’ve now been through 6-7 coaches since the beginning of last year. How can none of them have improved the play? It’s mind boggling to me.

10. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Watching the Chipper ( who was damn classy in his on field comments following game) match wits vs DC Jones was like watching a cat play with a mouse .

lsu-i-like likes this.