Beginning of the end

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Sep 5, 2021.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

One common denominator.........

2. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

This thought has crossed my mind.

3. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I
    Arranda turned an 11-3 Baylor team into 2-7 in 1 year, just sayin.

4. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Hard to grasp. Here's a possible theory. Some head coaches have a consistent system and their assistants work within that system. Some coaches step back and allow their assistants to run the team. High coaching turnover at one means overall play is consistent and outcomes/records don't vary as much, at the other you can have a giant cluster.
    LSU is a giant cluster. I like O but at some point, you have to stop blaming the assistants.
    Particularly infuriating is the lack of progress with the O line and linebacking corp. We can't run block or pass block effectively and we consistently give up huge chunks on defense. Less than 50 yards rushing with an average of 2 yards and gave up an average of 4.5 yards per rush and 28 yards per completed pass.
    This is a west coast team. Wait until we get into SEC play.

TigerFan90, LSU_4_LIFE and tzanghi like this.
  5. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

This coaching staff is way inferior. A bunch of slap dicks Baby Huey put together out of desperation who were available and social climbing .
    You see anything notable and different from defense last year,?
    O line is dog shit and that is pretty much where the quest for superiority in cfb begins and ends .
    Max is a decent qb . He’ll get better but I didn’t see much adjustment in the booth with the light blue jerseys selling out with blitzes that should have been anticipated and burned for big plays .
    Yeah Peetz runs Brady style offense. He lines up the same and is trying to do the same but he ain’t Brady. I know the words to Sweet Caroline but that don’t make me Neil Diamond .
    Is this a 3-9 Hallman era? Absolutely not . Baby Huey has always been that mouse in the vat of cream who keeps scratching til he makes butter . The only problem ( and reality ) is that the ‘butter’ here has become 8-4.
    Is that good enough?
    The answer is no .

APPTiger and tzanghi like this.
  6. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

He gets credit for these for sure. But of all the hires he’s made, how many have worked out? One so far? I’ll give him credit out the wazoo for finding Brady. But there’s almost no credit left after last night and last season.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  7. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

These guys were all NFL coaches last year though. The NFL chewed Chip Kelly up and spit him out. It’s mind boggling that they all came in and couldn’t improve the pile of horse maneur that was last years defense.

APPTiger, LSU_4_LIFE and Don Castavez like this.
  8. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Then the culprit is the culture in the building —- who has to own that? See where I’m goin?

shane0911, LSU_4_LIFE and tzanghi like this.
  9. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I’m in agreement. Just also in absolute disbelief.

Don Castavez and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

This is the reason I didn’t put much energy into the off season. 2020 was so bad I had to see last nights game 1st.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.