Beginning of the end

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Sep 5, 2021.

1. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

This is what baffles me. How can a totally new group of defensive coaches have the exact same problems as last year? I know many are going blame O and I am not saying he is innocent. But those busted coverages and missed assignments from the LB's and DB's are the result of bad instruction by the new D coaches or players who cannot comprehend the complexity of the college offenses they are facing.

2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Yep, I had to see it to believe it. I started drinking the koolaid at one point, but the feeling in my gut said nothing would change. That feeling was correct. The feeling in my gut still says nothing will change until Ed Orgeron is out. As mentioned above, there is a cultural problem within our program and there is one man responsible for that.

He absolutely rode the coattails of Burrow, Brady and Aranda. Ed Orgeron isn’t fit to lead this program.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
  3. LSU_4_LIFE

What’s the chance these new coaches are just running Orgerons defense? That he’s meddling? I don’t know. Is that reason we couldn’t get an experienced DC to come here? Because they refused to let Orgeron have control? Nobody truly knows, but we know there is reason Pelini was the last one in and 1st one out of the building last year, playing more golf than watching film while going through the motions with very few fucks to give. There is a reason we can’t get an experienced DC to come here. Ed wanted to switch to a 4-3. Ed has a hand in this, Ed thinks he knows defense. I bet Pelini was laughing his ass off last night watching this.

Todd Harris had ZERO business being on that field last night. Yet there he was, out there blowing coverage. Not once, but twice. Baskerville couldn’t cover a TE or RB for shit.

Fuck this loyalty to the seniors, these guys have proven they’re not good! So play the transfer Mike Jones, play the freshman Davis.

Remember when O was hired with his binder and promised us he would only hire “the best coordinators”. Jones and Peetz are the cream of the crop I tell ya!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
  4. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

O = Brady + Burrow
    Chizik = Malzahn + Cam
    Going to end with same results the only question now is cost to terminate and costs of acquisition.

5. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

So, dumb question here (or not), how do we get Joe Brady as the HC who can operate as a Sean Payton on the field while he delegates the defense to a damn good DC? Maybe it is fantasy. Maybe it’s not the answer. I don’t know. But I agree that what I saw last night is not sustainable at all. It’s looking like we will get trounced in the SEC in such a way we have not seen since the early and mid-90s.

LSU_4_LIFE and TigerSnarl like this.
  6. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

I don't know this, just speculating.

I think Brady will stay in the NFL because he likes to nerd out on play design, and does not like to spend his life on the recruiting trail.

TigerFan90, geaux9 and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  7. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

Have to sell your soul to manage 6 with group

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  8. LSU_4_LIFE

I don’t think Brady is coming back to the college level. He’s said he prefers the NFL. Honestly if he had success here, he would get picked away by an NFL team.

TigerFan90 likes this.
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

What happened to all the Louisiana savages we put on the field?

10. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

Nothing complex about a crossing route that’s fundamental 101 stuff. But you make good point if they can’t teach a simple concept like “ this is your zone” then we are in trouble. The other issue is the build up about our D line being so deep and strong by O this year is laughable.

tirk likes this.