Ben Voogd

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Mar 13, 2006.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I like what I saw of Voogd against Vanderbilt. He seems to handle and distribute the ball very well. He doesn't seem like much of an offensive threat, but I think he really does bring something on offense in the way he can distribute the ball, plus he can break the press better than any other PG on our team. I like his role on the team now, but I would like to see him shoot every now and again. Is he not a good shot?

2. first down

first down Founding Member

Voogd shooting the ball? Why? We got two Mitchell's and a Big Baby. Voogd will get his time to shoot when he develops his touch. Voogd's role is to play defense and bring the ball down the court, Temple knows the deal. Besides after Brady coaches us to a 20 point lead with 4 minutes left, maybe Voogd can throw up a few 3's!!!

3. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

I forget who it was against (vandy maybe?) but Ben had a SICK layup up and around the hoop.

4. pheroy

pheroy Founding Member

I think that was against Ole Miss, b/c I saw it on TV and Vandy wasn't on TV where I am (though I did watch via Yahoo).

But I agree that Voogd may be the best "pure PG" that we have, in terms of passing and distributing. Needs some work on a few things and a little more attentiveness to the reach and quickness of college players, but I think he has done pretty well for an unheralded frosh in the SEC.

5. Adam4848

Adam4848 Founding Member

I'm so glad we can rely on a guy like Ben to go out and get assists than to see Tack Minor make 2-15 shooting and turn the ball over 6 times.

6. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Kind of funny.... D Mitchell has the most turnovers out of the entire team.... yet no one notices with his 17 ppg... :yelwink2:

Voogd has a lot of turnovers with 50 though....

D Mitch has 87 turnovers in 1128 minutes and Voogd has 50 in 409 minutes.... :eek::eek::eek:

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Watching Tack run wild always gave me a headache. Oh, and I'm not asking to get Voogd more shots, just curious as to why he very rarely throws up a shot. Is he a brick layer?

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

He's got a weird shot that he propels from shoulder height. It looks like it would be easily blocked. I'd like to see him drive the lane once in a while though. He looks quick and he is diefinitely a good passer. He'll be a good PG for LSU during his stay here.

9. LSUGOLFER

LSUGOLFER Founding Member

To answer you question, yes he has a good shot. Brady put the clamps on him though. Will not let him shoot. I want to say I have heard he averaged somewhere near 25 ppg in high school.

10. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

yeah he does need to work on his shot over the summer.....but when he drives to basket good things seem to happen...he needs to drive more.