Ben Voogd

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Mar 13, 2006.

1. USChater

USChater Founding Member

WHAT? That guy shouldnt be near a D1 basketball court.

2. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

hes coming from oregon guys...and hes a freshman and he came not knowing he would have to do as much as he is doing this year.....he came in thinking after 6 games Tac would be back.....I think hes done well and has gotten better each game....

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I'm pretty sure that he was not really a scorer until he had to be due to lack of scorers on his team. He was pretty much a pure point guard up until then and that is the role he has taken on so far at LSU. As for the hype, I don't remember him being hyped much at all and also remember him being labeled as a longshot recruit by most.

4. LSUGOLFER

LSUGOLFER Founding Member

Not true, he didnt even lead his team in scoring.

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

:dis:
    Honestly, his skin tone has nothing to do with my comments regarding Voogd. I haven't been able to watch many games this season, but when I watched the Vanderbilt tourney game he looked quick, made good passes, and seemed to easily handle pressure and make good decisions. I may be wrong, but he and the whole team looked excellent against Vandy.

6. LSUGOLFER

Thats because he has gotten more playing time. Imagine how good he would be if he would have played more instead of Temple. Dont get all crazy over that saying, it is regarding Temple and Mitchell playing the entire game even when we were up double digits.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

That's exaclty what I was saying, he wasn't a big scorer, he's more of a pure point guard. His senior year he was asked to score much more and he did put up a lot more shots.

8. LSUGOLFER

He still averaged over 20 ppg. But, he was on a team where others were averaging the same. Like Oak Hill Academy where 5 guys average 20 ppg. He was a big time scorer, although not the only scorer on the team.

9. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Actually, it was his junior season when he scored 26 a game. He was asked to be more of a PG his senior year, but still scored 18 a game.

Couldn't find any HS stats on him other than that. I was curious to see his 3 point FG percentage. Haven't seen him shoot enough to know if he can hit an outside shot consistently.

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I doubt BV will ever be a scoring threat, but he's got to put it up now and then, if only to make the defense recognize it and defend him. As it is now, its too easy for opponents to drop off him and double team elsewhere.