Obama Benghazi

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, May 10, 2013.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

What do you think a lobby is? It is a group of citizens pooling resources to promote a common interest. All the lobbies you made exist because indiviuals want things done. The lobbies are a very real constituancy.

Even in your objection you see the truth of what I am saying. The problem is not that lobbies exist. It is that Congressmen give them special access. The problem is with the reps. Let's vote them out. We haveall the power already. No need to pass laws limiting the free speech of others.

gyver and Winston1 like this.
  2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Better yet, amend Congressional and Legislative rules to prevent the special access or the next politicians will just have an office full of lobbyists, too.

Free speech does not need to be limited, only the special access, then lobbyists have no need to exist.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  3. LSUsupaFan

The special access is being granted by the scoundrels we elect. That is the problem. Scoundrels tend to associate with scoundrels Do you think taking rights of the citizenry away is really going to punish anyon other than the citizens?

4. red55

Please pay better attention. I have said not one thing about taking away citizens' rights. NOT ONE DAMN THING. That is entirely your spin.

I said that special interests having special access to our representatives should be illegal. Let the special interests lobby the citizens directly through TV, mailers, million-man marches, whatever. Let us tell our representatives what we want. Organizations cannot vote and should have no special access in Congressional offices or on the floor of friggin' Congress that an voting constituent cannot have.

I see no need to keep repeating myself.

5. LSUsupaFan

Too bad you don't see the need to stop making false distinctions.

Lobbyists, private citizens, corporations, grass roots movements, all get to express political speech in any manner they see fit. They can lobby to peers, congressmen, or the king of Jupiter. All you need to do is shut up and let them do it. It is their right. But you can't have that. You know better than everyone. You don't like that some two bit politician sells himself to special interest and grants them special access, so your solution, as with everything else, is more rules to suppress. Here you are suppressing the political speech you disagree with. That is an amazingly Un-American stance, even for you.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
    gyver likes this.
  6. red55

Every time you try to debate me you reach a point where you stop trying to comment on the topic and just turn it into a personal attack on me. Seek help, seriously.

I'm tired of it. I'm done with you. GFY.

7. LSUsupaFan

Man. You mad.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

lol.

I was proud of him for being a potty mouth, sorta.

uscvball likes this.
  9. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Email from WH to State Dept. now shows the WH directly instructed SD to down play terrorism, and push the video protest that led to 4 dead Americans. CIA did not change talking points to include the protest over a youtube video.

gyver likes this.
  10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Good thing I don't watch Fox News, they are all going to choke over this one.