Obama Benghazi

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, May 10, 2013.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The Senate Select Committee On Intelligence found no evidence of intentional delay or obstruction by the chief of base or any other party. There was never a "Stand-down" order given. They also found that "There were no U.S. military resources in position to intervene in short order in Benghazi to help defend the temporary mission facility."

2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Guess we'll see, all kinds of new information are slowly starting to come out.

3. red55

Yes, Bush drew wars out for years without any tangible results. Obama ended them quickly and accomplished the original mission-- kill or capture the top Al Qaeda leadership and end them as an international terrorist threat.

4. red55

Example?

5. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Jay Carneys in the house! Spin it Red.
    The Whitehouse new it was a terrorist attack because the arms used were supplied by the State dept. but still tried to push the video for weeks afterwards.
    Resourced were available. 1 hr away.
    Obama didn't care because he had fund raisers to attend and an election to win.

6. gyver

Obama followed Bush's original course of action. The only difference was he tied our militaries hands more resulting in twice the US casualties in half the time.

7. red55

In fact, he did not. He appointed new commanders who had fresh plans. He ended Bush's war in Iraq, Bush's plan was "stay the course". He stepped up the attacks on Al Qaeda in Pakistan including going in on the ground. Bush let bin Ladin get away in Tora Bora, Obama had him killed in Pakistan.

An outright lie. You can't back this up to save your life.

I knew you had nothing. Happy to shoot it full of holes.

Where is the evidence that the White House "new" something about arms being supplied by the State Department?

Incidentally the timeline shows that the State department made a statement about the video protests on the day of the attack (the 11th) but the next day (the 12th) Obama called it "an act of terror" and said “folks involved in this . . . were looking to target Americans from the start.” On the 13th Obama said “I want people around the world to hear me: To all those who would do us harm, no act of terror will go unpunished.” On the 20th Carney said "It is, I think, self-evident that what happened in Benghazi was a terrorist attack." On the 21st Hillary calls it " a terrorist attack".

You are repeating old FOXnews myths that have long been debunked.

Where and what were these "resources" that you know about but the Senate doesn't?

This is what you call evidence? :D You lose.

8. gyver

They stood next to 4 coffins and told the families that the video producer would pay.
    If bill Clinton hadn't let bin laden go then bush wouldn't have had to deal with him in the 1st place.
    You can kiss this administrations ass all you want but it is a total fucking failure any way you spin it.
    UnEmployment. Taxes. Foreign policy. The economy and cost of living.
    I'd rather listen to fox than believe everything Barry says like you do.
    As for bin Ladens death. Seal team 6 killed him.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  9. red55

Another lie. Obama said "'Their sacrifice will never be forgotten. We will bring to justice those who took them from us." Not one dam thing about the video producer. Transcript

Man, you just make shit up. Clinton tried to kill bin Ladin TWICE a year before 9/11 with cruise missile strikes, but out "friends" in Pakistan tipped him off. It was Bush who failed to act after the USS Cole was bombed. His own advisors warned that bin Ladin was determined to attack the US a month before 9/11.

I have made the case many times how this administration is far from a failure, but you are blind and deaf. Is bin Ladin dead? Has Al Qaeda hit America again? Is unemployment down and the GDP up? Is Quadaffi dead? Has the stock market hit all-time highs? Did he get re-elected? Wake up and smell the coffee, amigo.

All success stories. Unemployment is less than 7%. The economy has rebounded steadily since Bush's crash in 2008. Taxes have not changed and inflation is low. Foreign policy is a string of successes.

Listening to FOX is why you are so misinformed, Cuz. I have about 20 regular news sources and I actually think and draw my one conclusions, which I share with you frequently.

Thank you Captain Obvious. And who authorized the mission and took the political risk?

10. red55

Still waiting for what military forces were an hour away from Benghazi and told to stand down. Or how he "tied the military's hand in Afghanistan" when he actually authorized a surge.