Obama Benghazi

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, May 10, 2013.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

2. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Look up the name Tom Pickering, he's the guy who headed the counsel. If you still think this is a partisan thing, get back to me.

3. Tiger in NC

damn right I'm angry. we've got huge problems in this country and Benghazi isn't one of them. this is a distraction, plain and simple, and yes it pisses me off. furthermore, I stay pretty pissed at the Republicans in general right now because they refuse to cooperate on ANYTHING. Even the things that have long been considered bi-partisan, like funding for infrastructure, are voted down because they don't want Obama to win, or have the appearance of winning, at anything. This is anti-American. To spite the entire country only to deprive one man of appearing to have a victory.

So let me go back and re-iterate: I am pissed and you should be too.

4. Tiger in NC

Have you even read the revisions to the talking points? They have been published. Read them and tell me whether you honestly think there is a cover up here. In case you haven't read them, here is what you will find: the language is changed around as the intel is rolling in but there are no major modifications, and certainly not on the level of requiring congressional hearings. this is politics and nothing more.

5. Tiger in NC

there was plenty of failures of leadership, from the federal government right on down to Nagin himself. NO literally had the perfect storm hit, then the perfect storm of political failures that followed.

6. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

I have read the breaking story: http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/benghazi-talking-points_720543.html?page=1

and the 3 versions of the talking points. They go from sharing a lot of info to sharing no info at all and the emails referenced in the story highlight the concerns of the White House officials and why the talking points were changed. I think it stinks of false representations and cover ups.

Bush lost any and all of my support when we didn't find any WMDs in Iraq. His justification for the war was also not true. Politics or not, these Dems are not getting a pass either.
    [​IMG]

7. Tiger in NC

Jesus Mancha, trying to compare the Iraq WMD and Benghai is crazy. It is very obvious that the situation was static and ongoing and that intel and information were changing just as rapidly. Don't forget that in the middle of the attacks, yes literally in the midst of the attacks, the Romney campaign was out in front of a microphone criticizing a situation where we didn't even have all the facts yet. I see no cover up here, I see a situation that is completely unfortunate but in no way reeks of a cover up or conspiracy. This is politics pure and simple.

Now, if you want a better story to compare it to from the Bush years, you would be better served to use the Joseph Wilson/Valerie Plame situation, because it's truly a better comparison. If you will recall, Wilson claimed that Bush and the administration had willfully lied about uranium being enriched in Niger to be shipped to Iraq and then, when Wilson "blew the whistle," as his story goes, the administration promptly fired his wife who was a CIA operative. The democrats screamed foul and went bananas just like the Republicans are now but there was no truth to it and it eventually died. This is absolutely no different.....it was a waste of our time then and it is a waste of our time and energies now.

8. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

So you think that the republicans sole reason for voting against things is because they are afraid Obama will look good? Victory over what ?

9. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

You know what that means don't you? Democrat or Republican, you can't trust any of them. All they want to do is get reelected to serve their own self interest at the cost of the taxpayers. Fuckemall. They lie to voters and then serve the special interest.

You can show up in Washington DC driving a truck. You'll leave in a limo.

xlnsports and LSUMASTERMIND like this.
  10. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

You are right. Those are better parallels. I was just pointing to a time and event where someone I liked lost my support.

Now, with Plamegate, it did not just die. Scott Libby was convicted of obstruction of justice and perjury. Bush pardoned his jail time but the process happened just the same. I don't see anything illegal with this thing now unless someone lies to Congress. It is like you said, politics. However, it needs to play out just the same. The talking points were altered so as not to create a political situation but irony wins out again.