Bennie Brazell Question

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by NOSA, Aug 21, 2003.

1. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

Does anyone remember what he was rated coming out of high school (2 stars, 3 stars, etc.)?

2. LSUTiger

LSUTiger Founding Member

I'm not sure what his rating was, but I do know thus far he hasn't lived up to his potential. Its too bad because he is one of the fastest players on the team (if not the fastest).

Now is a perfect time for him to step it up and prove the doubters wrong.

3. LSUTiger

LSUTiger Founding Member

Is this what you were looking for?

Member of the Houston Chronicle Top 100 and was selected an as All-American by USA Today ... Rated as one of the top 125 players in the nation by Max Emfinger ... First Team Class 5A All-State as well as a First Team All-District and All-Metro selection

4. Hub

Hub Founding Member

From lsusports.net, for what it is worth. I don't think he was a really highly recruited guy.

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Wasnt he more of a Track star/recruit then football. Is he at LSU on a Track Scholly or Football.

6. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

I think Brazell should be used only on plays where we could use a reverse and have Clayton hand off to Brazell and let him fly. Maybe he could return if he could catch.

7. ramah

ramah Founding Member

8. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I remember in high school we put the fast guys who couldn't catch in the defensive backfield. Why cant we put him at safety for added depth?

9. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

If you thought Jack Hunt got dragged by running backs, then Brazzell will just ride on their backs into the endzone. He would never hold up trying to tackle guys with 40-50 pounds on him. I think his best use (if he can't catch the ball like last year) is either on end arounds or as a decoy on fly patterns to open up the middle of the field for a crossing pattern.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He wouldn't be much of a decoy unless he can make the defense respect his ability to catch the ball. With the kind of speed he's got there has to be somewhere he can fit into the offense or kick returns. Does he have amy moves after he catches the ball or does he just have straightaway speed?