Benson Heirs, Evil Stepmother or Spoiled Granddaughter?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Bengal B, Jan 26, 2015.

?

Evil Stepmother or Spoiled Grandaughter

1. Evil Goldigging Stepmother

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Spoiled Brat Grandaughter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Both

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  4. Neither

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

By now everybody has heard how Saints owner Tom Benson has changed his will to leave the Saints and Pelicans to his third wife Gayle and has cut daughter Renee and granddaughter Rita out of his will.

Is Gayle an opportunistic goldigger who has manipulated a sick old man or is Rita a spoiled brat who never would have been a good team owner?

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I'm voting both, and if it goes down in favor of Gayle, I don't like the team's long-range future in New Orleans. I think she'll move them to San Antone.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i dont know anything about either except i do know women are fucking crazy and women when it involves FU money are probably a whole nother crazy even i have never seen. and thats saying something.

so yes, both guilty by genetics alone.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. tirk

whats their background. the daughter and wife 3. which one would be worse and why.

5. mctiger

Personal knowledge....none whatsoever. What I've read paints unflattering pictures of Rita's job performance. Meanwhile - I'm not sure of this - but I think Gayle is actually from San Antonio and has no ties to New Orleans other than her marriage. Those factors - and I'm admitting I'm not going on any true knowledge - is what I based my vote on.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Future Saints, Pelicans owner Gayle Benson's 18 lawsuits might raise eyebrows among NFL, NBA

http://theadvocate.com/news/neworleans/neworleansnews/11438051-123/as-gayle-benson-faces-vetting

Ben-eficence

September 30th, 2013 by Lianna Patch 7 0 0 0
    Gayle Benson on Sports, Health and Community Involvement
    What’s a typical day like in the life of Gayle Benson, wife of Saints owner and businessman Tom Benson? Perched on a couch in her spacious foyer, Benson laughed.
    [​IMG]
    “There is no typical day. Most days, I change clothes at least three times for all of the different places I’m going — it sounds glamorous, but it’s a lot of work.”
    Benson, a former interior designer who was coincidentally just named one of the Top Five Best Dressed Ladies in Louisiana, wears a lot of hats in addition to her many outfits. She’s a member of the board of numerous organizations, including the NOCCA Institute, Archbishop Hannan High School, Audubon Nature Institute and Ochsner Health Foundation.
    Born in New Orleans, Benson grew up in Old Algiers, attending Catholic schools under the watchful eye of her “very protective” mother. She began her career as a manager for a New York-based costume jeweler, managing over 40 employees in the company’s daily operation.
    Interested in historic preservation and real estate development, Benson began buying, renovating and selling New Orleans properties in the late ‘70s. The move allowed her to combine her enthusiasm for interior design with property management. “Buildings are like children,” said Benson, who received numerous accolades and awards for her design and construction work. “They’re all different.”
    As her design career grew from residential to commercial spaces, Benson worked on hotels, grocery stores and car dealerships, leading major redesigns and renovations. She redesigned suites and public spaces in the Superdome, and opened a wholesale design showroom for her industry peers. An accomplished seamstress who used to make her own clothes, Benson also launched a successful women’s clothing line. She even worked on several automotive dealerships belonging to Tom Benson — but the two would not meet until an early-morning Mass in 2004.
    At first, Benson was unimpressed by her future husband. Seeing him walk uninvited into the St. Louis Cathedral sacristy, she said her first thought was, “The nerve of this man!” But upon learning that Tom was an Honorary Oblate of the church, and appreciating his “old-school, very respectable and sincere” style of courtship, Benson, a lifelong devout Catholic, was won over. Later that year, the two enjoyed a “very special and beautiful wedding” in San Antonio.

- See more at: http://www.livingneworleans.com/?p=9279#sthash.yIthsSf

"At first Benson was unimpressed by her future husband." And then she found out he was a billionaire

7. mctiger

Wrong again.

8. tirk

pretty sure i heard she was raised in new orleans so her ties would be more stable than the volatile granddaughter trying to make her mark.

but thats why im asking. i may be wrong on all that i heard. im just trying to hone in on which money grubber to root for for the saints/pels best interest.

9. mctiger

Yep, the link @Bengal B posted above says she's from Algiers, so that's a point in her favor. The bad news is, the article also indicates she's the Queen of Involved, and that type thinks they have to be in charge of everything. The Saints would be far better off if she gets out of the way of the football/basketball people and let them do their jobs.