Bergdahl to be charged

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Jan 27, 2015.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Who has proposed this? You made it up.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Are you saying we are not taxed on emissions or are you being obtuse?

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I'm saying that nobody claims that taxes fix climate change. Taxes can be used to raise fund to fight climate change. There is no nationwide carbon tax levied in the United States, although a few states and localities have introduced such a tax, quire often to control pollution rather than directly address climate change.

Tiger in NC likes this.
  4. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Tax dollars fund the research necessary to learn to what extent it is man made, what we need to do to fix it and finding a feasible way forward as it relates to energy. That research might also learn that it is more a weather pattern and less man made, but regardless we need to get to the bottom of it one way or another. Taking up obtuse stances against learning the truth is like two men sitting in a dinghy on the open ocean and one man is pointing and laughing because the other guy has a hole on his side of the boat.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

BOT

I'll not have the only thread on this entire forum that means anything to me derailed by some nonsensical hocus pocus.

There are at least 10 threads where @red55 tells us all how smart he is about AGW.

Lets get to putting this deserter in front of a firing squad or something.

tigerchick46 and LSUpride123 like this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

It's my fault too. I play along.

7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Are you consumed by this woman? Do you think the whole word is either on your side or hers? I was not defending her. I don't follow her or look for her posts. I read them if I see them. So you are correct sir, I did nothing to defend what she espouses. Because I wasn't trying.

What I was commenting on was your posts and your communication style. I say communication between people is difficult, you reply it really isn't. History says you're wrong. And I would argue this very conversation proves you're wrong.

Consider the possibility that once you have deemed someone 'ignorant' you should terminate the conversation. Because at that point you've made up you're mind they are to stupid to learn from you and have no thoughts of value to offer in return.

My business communications instructor constantly reminded us to 'Listening Generously'. Most people we communicate with are our social or professional peers. If we consider them ignorant, or think their opinions are rubbish, what does that say about us?

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

2 ears 1 mouth

Only problem here is his 1 mouth has turned into 10 fingers and a keyboard.

Bottom line, valiant effort but you wont make any way with him. Boy is stubborn as a mule. Not sure how the Corps produced such a flaming ass liberal in the 1st place. Must be a desk jockey.

LSUpride123, tigerchick46 and kluke like this.
  9. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

And I'm gonna go on a limb and assure you my tax dollars just paid for the ambulance ride I took your emotions on and you are still just as irrelevant.........

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
    shane0911 likes this.
  10. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Hardly. In fact, I was on to the next thing until you piped in because I called her ignorant. The conversation since then has been between you and I, not she and I. After the fact she did indeed speak up.....to her credit, but nothing more has come of it. Furthermore, I am less concerned with this one nameless, faceless person than I am with the overall attitude of too many conservatives like her. I grow weary of hearing simplistic, one sentence solutions to problems that are decades, sometimes centuries, in the making. You seem like an intelligent person so I find it hard to believe that you do not get tired of the very same thing.
    I stand behind my comment that communication is actually not that difficult. However, when you have deeply entrenched and long-held beliefs about any given subject matter you are more likely to hear what you want, rather than with the intent of the speaker/writer. You are correct that my definition of ignorance was not directly taken from the dictionary, but not because I do not know what the literal meaning of the word is. I used the definition that I did because it takes the literal definition a step further. If ignorance is a lack of knowledge then a refusal to accept said knowledge when it is available to you is even worse. In our society no one has an excuse for not having access to knowledge about any given subject they want.
    Which happens to be exactly what I was doing my friend until you came along and decided to take issue with my definition of ignorance. I am perfectly satisfied and, frankly, resigned to the fact that I do not need interaction with TigerChick for my life to have meaning and purpose.
    Well which is it? You just got done saying that we shouldn't engage those whom we deem ignorant....now you are saying we should listen generously? Look, I listen generously to anyone who can formulate an intelligible argument whether I agree with them or not. I have had many ongoing debates with other posters on this board, whose opinions I respect even if I disagree because they have exhibited an ability to present their side well enough that they deserve to be heard. TigerChick is not one of my social or professional peers. I do not consider anyone within my realm of social or professional peers to be ignorant, regardless of their politics.