Berlin booed at Miami's Spring Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GMoney2600, Apr 19, 2004.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I hate everything to do with the Canes. Hopefully their actions hurt them in the upcoming season. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

answer me this

since when did UM fans actuallt care about a football game much less a spring game in South Beach. Im confused.

3. BillTiger

BillTiger Freshman

Booing

I agree. Booing any college kid, especially an LSU player, is obscene. I think it is tacky to boo your home town pro players but, you are right, they do get paid.

4. BB

BB Founding Member

I hate to break up the party, but it's hard for me to forget the Tiger Fans who booed very loudly and continuously at the recruiting bash when Berlin was given an award after choosing to attend the University of Florida. That was really low and I never forgot it. I was pissed that Spurrier landed him, but can a room full of grown adults stoop any lower than boooing a teenager for his decision to attend school somewhere else? He was a QB and he made the decision to play for one of the greatest QB coaches of all time - either way, that was way out of line and it wasn't just a few people either...

5. rookie

rookie Founding Member

It maybe low but what the **** are they doing giving an award to a UF signee at an alcohol catered LSU recruiting event? That was the ignorant part, and nevermind the fact that LSU had gone 1-13 against UF under Spurrier. Berlin was too good for LSU and he made that known and he got booed. Shouldn't have gone to the event.

6. LSU'syourdaddy

LSU'syourdaddy Founding Member

Thank God Berlin went to Florida/Miami

If he had come to LSU, who knows what the chain reaction might have been at QB at LSU. If Berlin's here, maybe Mauck doesn't come to LSU, or there is a question of who starts. In my mind, it would have cost us our National Championship. I don't see that guy leading a team to winning all the marbles.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I'll agree with Rookie on this one, I never knew that had taken place as I wasn't on any boards back then. Can't believe he would have been invited as they had to know the crowd would boo, hiss and maybe even try to throw pie in his face.

8. BB

BB Founding Member

At that time the event was the Louisiana High School Recruiting Bash downtown - I don't know when LSU decided to have their own event and I'm not sure if there is still an all-high school event. Either way, it was in poor taste and out of line...

9. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

No excuse for booing kids because of their play. Period.
    No excuse for being so stupid as to bring high school athletes to an event where the adults are enjoying the high life. Period.
    :tigbas:

10. roygu

roygu Founding Member

I'm sill amused that Adult Fans are still hung up on Berlin and Lane. Neither would have made a difference at LSU but fans can't get over it. If they had come to LSU they would have both transferred within two years and would have been just two more wasted scholarships.