Bernie Sanders to launch Pres. campaign

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Apr 28, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You mean like the defense department and the DEA?

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Don't sleep under the blanket I provide and then bitch about the manner in which I provide it

Bengal B likes this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What leeches are those? Social Security recipients? People on military pensions? The disabled? Poor people with dependent children?

How about someone who makes $50,000 and has four children. Such person pays no taxes in this country. One of the 47%. Is he a leech for taking advantage of our arcane tax laws? All the deductions, exemptions, credits, and special provisions just give breaks to the ones who don't need them.

4. LaSalleAve

You got me all wrong kemosabe. You guys get shafted. You don't think the defense budget is bloated? Most of the funds should go to soldiers and veterans.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. shane0911

I know, I was just thinking it was a good place to drop a quote from "A Few Good Men"
    That was one of Jacks best scenes ever!

6. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

The "disabled" would be the leaches I run into mostly. The one's that claim an injury, go on disability and even go so far as to have multiple unnecessary spinal surgeries in the hopes of creating a smokescreen of injury for obtaining a big settlement. I've seen so many lawyers talk their clients into having spinal surgeries which were completely not necessary, claim disability and receive it, sue their employer, get a settlement and then they are out jogging two weeks later.....yet "disabled". Their is a countersuit going on in Lafayette right now where a guy rolled around in a wheelchair for 4 years, never went outside, had 3 spinal surgeries, showed up for court in his wheelchair, neck brace looking like a paraplegic, claimed everything he could, got awarded a settlement, moved to Dallas and boom joins a health club and runs a 10k, like he's Lazarus of Bethany...........how much waste did this culture which has been created cost just in this isolated case? Millions! There are several thousands like it all across the country...... which takes away from the one's who are truly disabled like many of our veterans and elderly.

Not to mention all the waste in Gov't agencies, my most recent experience was recently coming back in from Mexico going through U.S. Customs in Laredo TX. I don't quote random b/s from the internet, I give you real life experiences.......There were 40 agents sitting on their asses doing nothing, except shopping for phone cases on Amazon.com (true story) while the ones checking us back in had no idea what you could and couldn't bring back in from Mexico, hello that's your fucking job! I found out more in 3 minutes with google on my phone than they could in 2 hours about what they should have already known. I would have fired 38 of them and run that office with 2 proficient people and 1 manager, but that's exactly why they work for the gov't because 90% of them could NEVER make it in the private sector. Every encounter with any Gov't employee with any agency is pretty much a mirror of one of my many U.S. Customs experiences.......

7. LaSalleAve

You aren't going to get much of an argument from me about politicians wasting our tax dollars, or fraudulent claims, I'm dealing with one at work now. This dude comes to work and in the first week, hurts his shoulder lifting an empty box, and come to find out he now is having a 2nd surgery on that shoulder and is suing us and the comp carrier because we won't put him back to work on light duty. I refuse to have someone who is going do this shit again, so I'm the bad guy.

shane0911 likes this.
  8. shane0911

WTF, I'm 100% convinced that I actually need back surgery and I'm not even considering it until I can't get my ass out of bed in the morning.

**Under normal circumstances, hangovers don't count but I haven't had one of those in decades so, well anyway. **

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

How many? Got some evidence? Seriously, everyone realizes there is fraud in both government and private industry, but it's not representative of the entire friggin' program. I know several people on disability and all of them are legitimately disabled, making good money if they could, and a couple of them would be in deep shit without it. In time you will know some, too. I mean, if you have some evidence that fraud is as widespread as you suggest, I'm game to see it. Just how bad is the problem?

Well darlin', what can I say? You are dealing with the very lowest levels here. There are also a lot of efficient and effective government agencies out there with a lot of smart and capable personnel, too. And just like everywhere else, the wonks get smarter the higher up they go. In time, you will encounter some of them and it would be a mistake to underestimate them.

10. LaSalleAve

See that's a place my tax dollars should go, getting veterans surgery they need they either acquired on the job serving this country, or significantly worsened while on the job serving this country.