Best BBQ in all 50 states

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by stevescookin, Jun 12, 2018.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Dang, that sounds good.

tirk and Bengal B like this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Try it. I was in a Dollar Tree a few weeks ago and they had 57 for a buck a bottle. I bought 10. I hope it has a good shelf life.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I think most things like that do. I write the exp date on mine with a sharpie marker somI don’t have to keep straining my eyes to read em.

Bengal B likes this.
  4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Thats what i do but use kraft hot bbq sauce and add some hot sauce.

That sounds good.

LSUTiga likes this.
  5. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

Eatin’ Out ... The Top 5 (by state)

Also, you gotta list the “Type” or State of BBQ

1. Tennessee ... MEMPHIS STYLE ... Tie (Interstate or Central) ... agree with Bengal
    2. Texas ... Austin style (For LSU TX game)
    Tie (Black’s or Franklin’s) ... Drive to Black’s
    and make Franklin’s too
    For A&M game (Fargo Pit)
    3. Kansas/Mo ... KC STYLE ... LCs is Best
    4. Alabama ... Vinegary damned tasting crap that I barely tolerate ... Brick Pit in Mobile and Dreamland in Tuscaloser ... Watching LSU kick Bama arse this year There is better BBQ north up in Decatur (Gibson’s)
    5. Mississippi ... Shed in Ocean Springs if you’re gambling in Biloxi laying down $$$ on the Tigers’ first three games (Ramah locks)
    Lock 1: LSU give 25 over GSU
    Lock 2: LSU give 8 over TX
    Lock 3: Take Nichol& Points
    6. Louisiana ...
    New Orleans = Central City BBQ on S. Rampart near the Dome is best
    Baton Rouge = You tell me but I’ll eat at a couple places

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

When my son was at Northwestern, he and his friends raved about a place called Grayson's in Clarence, northeast of Natchitoches. He took us there once and it was a total hole-in-the-wall in the middle of nowhere. It was like the treasure island in Pirates of the Caribbean, could only be found by people who already knew where it is. Pretty damn good BBQ, though.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Ate at a place called either "Q" or maybe it was "Chicago Q" a few years ago. Place is run by a chic and she beat Bobby Flay in the throwdown. Really really good stuff!

8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

NC is site of epic BBQ wars. There is “eastern” and “western”. Eastern sauce is vinegar based, Western is supposedly catsup based. Depending where you eat, and where you are used to eating, the taste are way different.

I think only “A-holes” make a big deal about one over the other. I like pretty much all.

I have never even heard of the place on the Outer Banks these guys selected as best in NC, but the fact they show a picture of ribs is pretty strong indication they know nothing. This ain’t Memphis. Or Kansas City.

I like two of the places near where I grew up, Winks in Salisbury and Gary’s in China Grove. Both are within 5 minutes of I-85, about 40 miles north of Charlotte. If you are traveling and want to try.

One place that usually makes the top 5 in NC is the Skylight Inn. It is in Ayden, near Greenville, home of East Carolina University. The Skylight Inn’s claim to fame is a chopping block with a 3 or 4 inch indention due to years of prolonged use. I thought their BBQ was nasty. Full of gristle. I don’t get it. At all.

Equally divergent is the slaw you get with your tray or sammy. Eastern generally serves up ‘cole slaw”. Mayo based whereas Western serves up vinegar/catsup based red slaw. While I’m ambivalent about the Q, I am really partial to the red slaw.

APPTiger likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Not Q but I need to try Government Taco. Owner Jay Ducote beat Flay on Beat Bobby Flay a couple of weeks ago. His signature dish: Boiled Crawfish.

10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I'm a fan of Texas style bar b q with sauce on the side.

HalloweenRun likes this.