Best boiled crawfish in south LA.

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by MikebTiger, Feb 25, 2005.

1. HonoraryCoonass

HonoraryCoonass Freshman

Anybody eat at a hole-in-the-wall place in New Iberia called the Northern Star (or something like that)? Ate there abou 10-12 years ago.........best I ever had.

2. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Tony's Seafood will ship it to you, but it's not cheap.

Tony's Seafood

3. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I did a Yahoo search for "Crawfish shipped" and this place looked the cheapest of the first
    ones I looked at.

http://crawfish.cc/crawfish.htm:lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :lsup:

4. Chef

Chef Founding Member

Friends on the TCHEFUNCTE has always been a favorite of mine.

5. VauntedTiger

VauntedTiger Founding Member

At Home!
    Get 'em live & fresh in Pierre Part or Belle River, where they're nice and fat, that's the secret, the quality of the bugs. Purge 'em 2 times really good with salt water and discard the dead ones. Use the liquid boil, Zats or whatever you can get, with lots of lemon & onions, a lil garlic, red pepper to taste & some vegs thrown in & let it go a good 15-20 mins and bring it to a boil. Throw in those fat live crawfish and boil 'em for at least 7 minutes and let 'em steep well for a good 15 mins after they boil to sorb all that flavor. twiddle them thumbs while you're waitin to get warmed up. Scoop 'em out and let 'em drain a second and throw 'em down on a papered table piping hot.

Serve with ice cold beer & a big screen replay of the 2001 SEC Championship game.

6. TigerinAustin

TigerinAustin Founding Member

gone now I'm certain - but there was some great joint on the lake in New Orleans that had awesome crawfish and a $50 seafood platter that came on a crawfish tray stacked 18 inches high and could feed and army. It caught fire something like 3 times in the late '90s....anyone?

7. jwb0581

jwb0581 Founding Member

Best crawfish come from my dad from cajun country eunice haha - he gets the crawfish from my grandpa who has tons of crawfish ponds and he does catering jobs with this big crawfish rig that boils tons of crawfish at a time. And of course he puts his own seasoning blend in the water ! But anyway just thought i would brag on ole dad ! If you ever want real cajun crawfish for an event with lots of crawfish during crawfish season - email [email protected] and ole dad will hook u up ahah!

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No, yankees are worse than that.

They boil seafood in WATER! A yankee from Maine told me once, "Sometimes we put a little dill in it."

9. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

COney Island's in Monroe is dahm good. ( Crawfish ) :yelwink2:

right across the river from West Monroe on the right.

10. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Myron's does a bang up job for Acadiana style crawfish.

My personal favorite is/was Whitey's seafood in New Orleans on Downman Rd in Gentilly.