Best burger in NO

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Maderan, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

Does anyone know if the Triple Play is still open? It was/is on Veterans near Clearview. Fairly tough bar with pool tables. Best burgers I ever had in New Orleans, huge and char-grilled to perfection, with grated cheese, onions and mayonnaise ... but all this was back in the mid-80s.

2. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Triple Play is still there. I've played pool there, but never eaten there.

Ditto on Port OF Call. I heard about The Alibi, but haven't done it yet.

Lee's is just a plain old burger. One step above Wendy's and one step below New Orleans Hamburger & Seafood Co.

I also like New Orleans Hamburger & Seafood Co. - The burger patty itself isn't spectacular but since you do all the toppings yourself from the burger/salad/potato bar you can make it perfectly to your own taste. Same goes for your baked potato.

Speaking of baked potatoes, does anyplace ever put enough toppings on them? Order a potato with the works and you get a tiny pat of butter, a small drop of sour cream, a few shavings of cheese, a couple of bacon bits...
    Just enough to make a potato good...if it was a new potato.

3. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Never had that problem at Port-O-Call. The toppings are always spilling over onto the plate.

4. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

Totally agree. I usually get a hamburger and potato with cheese and take the extra cheese and put it on my burger. They also put 2 or 3 huge scoops of butter in the potato.

Mmmmm, Butter :thumb:

5. BasileTiger

BasileTiger Founding Member

Hard Rock Cafe

What about Hard Rock Cafe? I like their burgers!! :lsug:

6. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Really? Maybe they've improved since I had one. The one time I went there (with a group) I was served a very mediocre burger that came with a few leaves of lettuce that they called a salad. It was $8.50 I think and this was in 1995. I left mad at myself for wasting that much money. Port of Call would have been cheaper, with a better burger and a potato too.

7. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Great Burger @ Lone Star

Had a fantastic burger at Lone Star ... and for $1.49 extra a great salad with it ... Two Coronas in the bucket ... can't beat dat ...

Port'O'Call just too damn far to go and too much BS trying to park ... screw em.

8. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Lone Star Appetizers

The Jalapeno poppers are good ... and the tater skins