Best Burger

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Bengal B, Apr 1, 2004.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Clearly.

It's very simple. Not everybody has your peculiar personal taste. I don't like grilled onions on a burger. I don't like a ton of seasonings. I like a simple, straightforward burger and so do a lot of people. Brewbachers and Georges would not be in business for so many decades if people were not eating them and liking them.

2. red55

I also like a cheeseburger po-boy. It's too big to eat all at once, but a burger on New Orleans french bread is goooood.

StaceyO likes this.
  3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

This doesn't make sense in light of your comment about liking the burger from Outback. The Outbacke burger is heavily seasoned, both before being pattied, and after. It is also marrinated for 36 hours. While I don't care for that burger it is made completely different than the Brewbachers and Georges burgers which are both very lightly seasoned on the surface after being pattied then cooked on a hot plate.

And don't be too sure about Brewbacher's being around much longer. That company is losing a lot of money. They may lose a few more stores this year.

4. LSUsupaFan

Sorry man, there are too many other things I want to try from your other posts.

5. red55

Hey, I like what I like and I share it with you. If you don't understand and it bothers you . . . well, in Russia they call that toughghi shitski.

KyleK and LSUsupaFan like this.
  6. LSUsupaFan

I'm not criticizing your taste. Stop taking everything I say as a personal insult. You are too easily ruffled my friend. Relax. Life is too short.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Keep telling you. Go to Leroy's. Bit of a drive but worth it.

8. red55

Who is insulted? I'm just amused at your repeated insistence that I don't know what I like. Do I challenge you because you like overpriced, frou-frou gourmet burgers from Hollywood?

9. LSUsupaFan

When did I say that I like frou frou gourmet burgers? I like a traditional burger. I just like it to be something more than a charred hunk of flavorless beef, like George's and Brewbachers puts out.

I find it amusing that you say you don't like a heavily seasoned burger, and then say you like one of the heaviest seasoned burgers, that is marrinated in coca cola as one of your favorites.

Listen hoss, I spend about half my time in L.A. these days, mostly in Hollywood and Burbank. Trust me, while a good burger is tough to find in Baton Rouge, it is impossible to find one Hollywood. A guy I work with from LA is going to take me to a good BBQ joint next time I'm out there, but its in Watts.

10. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Company Burger in NOLA. Hands down.